Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

[Michigan] Have an '09 Z06 for the week. What to do? Where to go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Koz

Have an '09 Z06 for the week. What to do? Where to go?

I'm bringing home a 2009 Millennium Yellow Z06 from work on Monday, and get to keep it until Friday morning. I work at the GM Proving Grounds in Milford and they have an "Ambassador Program" where you get to bring home a car for a week, show it off, and just experience some of the new products. I'm taking Tuesday and Thursday off from work, maybe Wednesday (have a meeting, but might be able to call in).

So...What should I do? Where should I go? I want to put a lot of miles on it and just enjoy it. I'm in the Metro Detroit area.

I thought about taking a little road trip somewhere, but I have no-one to go with (damn work!). Anyone have any suggestions for some cool places to drive around?
Old 09-18-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Koz
I'm bringing home a 2009 Millennium Yellow Z06 from work on Monday, and get to keep it until Friday morning. I work at the GM Proving Grounds in Milford and they have an "Ambassador Program" where you get to bring home a car for a week, show it off, and just experience some of the new products. I'm taking Tuesday and Thursday off from work, maybe Wednesday (have a meeting, but might be able to call in).

So...What should I do? Where should I go? I want to put a lot of miles on it and just enjoy it. I'm in the Metro Detroit area.

I thought about taking a little road trip somewhere, but I have no-one to go with (damn work!). Anyone have any suggestions for some cool places to drive around?
Sounds awesome.... I hope you enjoy it.

One suggestion is to bring it to my house so we can line em up

Those are incredible cars. Are there any car shows going on? Would you be allowed to take it some place like Milan or Mid Michigan Motorplex? I'll bet there would be lots of people that would enjoy seeing it at places like that during test and tune nights.

Enjoy It!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

I would have a VERY hard time resisting the urge to take it down to the Tail of the Dragon, which is near the border between Tennessee and North Carolina.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:25 PM

Jealous of your job lol
Old 09-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Koz

Originally Posted by Bill'sWS6
Sounds awesome.... I hope you enjoy it.

One suggestion is to bring it to my house so we can line em up

Those are incredible cars. Are there any car shows going on? Would you be allowed to take it some place like Milan or Mid Michigan Motorplex? I'll bet there would be lots of people that would enjoy seeing it at places like that during test and tune nights.

Enjoy It!!!
I think I can pretty much take it wherever I want. I dunno if I'd take it to Milan, just because I'd look like a goon driving it to a 14 second 1/4 mile time I've briefly thought about it though...

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I would have a VERY hard time resisting the urge to take it down to the Tail of the Dragon, which is near the border between Tennessee and North Carolina.
Never heard of it, but googled it and it looks like a heck of a road.

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
Jealous of your job lol
Unfortunately my job hardly ever has me interacting with the cars. And when I do, I'm not driving them :-\ This is for a program they just started up for employees at the proving grounds, so I'm pretty excited
Old 09-18-2010, 06:08 PM

ubly sunday bay city rollers reunion
Old 09-18-2010, 06:23 PM

Thought of one other GREAT idea.... Charge $10 for a 10 min ride in the thing In that week you could make a ton of cash, LOL.

Lambo in Italy allows you to drive a Gallardo Spyder and they charge about $200 for a 15 min drive, professional driver in the passenger seat. You can still get on the car if you want.

So, $10 for a ride along is a deal.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 AM

Head up M36 / Dexter trail from Ann Arbor up to Mason, MI. That's a very nice road, plenty of curves and trees that overhang the road, making it scenic and fun. Very popular with the motorcyclists, it goes through Dexter, Stockbridge, and Hell, MI, skirts a few lakes, and will be fun for that machine.

Are there any open-track nights over at Gingerman in South Haven this week? That might be worth the trip, so long as you dont lose your head and put the car into the weeds.

http://www.gingermanraceway.com/even...st-and-tune-41

Last edited by ws6transam; 09-20-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Take it north for a fall color run. M36/Dexter Trail is a good idea. The further north you go the better the colors will be as it's been cooler there already and the leaves should be changing by now.