Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

[Michigan] 8th Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet 2012

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:16 AM

Re: 8th Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet 2012

Wow! Thank you everyone who came out to the Meet & Greet yesterday! We had very solid attendance yesterday with 291 vehicles. We realized in years past we must have been inflating our numbers a bit - this year we had a hand ticker my dad used while he greeted cars so it's as accurate as possible. It was definitely the largest turnout we've had yet -- filling half of the grass area in addition to the entire parking lot. Believe it or not, the event location can hold near 1,000 vehicles so we still have plenty of room to continue growing!

WOW can you guys believe all the ZL1s that were there?! As one user on MiFbody said, "Only at the Meet & Greet can there be more ZL1s than Firebirds..." LOL

I also compiled a thread for all the individuals and companies I wanted to thank for making the Meet & Greet happen -- it's a long post so I'll just link to it in case anyone wants to read:
Post Meet & Greet Wrap-up Thread

One part of yesterday which was a unique experience was while I was driving to my exam in the morning, I was driving down M59/Hall Road and then down Rochester Road and I saw a bunch of Camaros and Firebirds out -- especially around the M59/M53 meeting place. It was really humbling to be driving to my exam knowing that most, if not all, of the FBodies I saw out on the road were on their way to our Meet & Greet. That was a really great feeling.

Thank you guys again for coming out and supporting our show. The way I've always seen it is that anyone can buy trophies, sit in a parking lot and hope people show up -- that doesn't make a great car show. What makes a great car show is all the great people who come out and participate. The excitement, enthusiasm, anticipation leading up to the show from everyone who comes out is what makes the show a success. So thank you guys - I really appreciate it!