Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

600HP Out Of A Lexus SUV

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:21 PM

600HP Out Of A Lexus SUV

Well, a funny thing happened when I picked up my new Lexus 400H Hybrid SUV today. I was telling him about the stories I have heard about how much Tq the electric motors put out off the line. He said that they had been detuned becuase of how much power they originally put down. It still equals about 600HP out put in the first 1.5 seconds of acceleration. If it could only stay that way for about another 10 seconds.

The car will blaze all 4 tires off the line. What a ride!

Later,

Bill
Old 01-20-2006, 10:48 AM

Re: 600HP Out Of A Lexus SUV

That is sweet. Electric motors do pull a ton of power off the line. They just can't accelerate as efficiently at higher rpm's. They should make them so that the electric motor runs up to 3000 rpm in every gear so that everytime the transmission shifts the electric motor kicks in to accelerate quicker.
Have fun with your new ride, even though it is a high class Toyota.......sorry, I am a frim believer in buying US products.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:02 PM

Re: 600HP Out Of A Lexus SUV

Originally Posted by jp2002ls1
That is sweet. Electric motors do pull a ton of power off the line. They just can't accelerate as efficiently at higher rpm's. They should make them so that the electric motor runs up to 3000 rpm in every gear so that everytime the transmission shifts the electric motor kicks in to accelerate quicker.
Have fun with your new ride, even though it is a high class Toyota.......sorry, I am a frim believer in buying US products.
Thanks, I hope to have fun with it.

As far as the firm believer in buying the US products. I try to buy everything I can US. Look at my labels and try to avoid the China Labels. I just happen to work for the company and it pays the bills very well. I don't want to start a flame here but........ Toyota is building lots of manufacturing plants and building more and more of their cars here in the states. they believe if the car is sold here it should be built here in the US. While at the same time Ford, GM and others are exporting their jobs. It is also not like China that pays their workers $3/hr. They pay well above normal rates.

Just my .02

Later,

Bill