Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Regional Camaro and Firebird Enthusiast Forums > Midwest
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2005, 10:52 PM   #1

27 spline to 30 spline swap question

I was hoping one of you guys could answer this question about a 700R4 trans. When I built my trans I used all good parts except I didn't have a 30 spline so I used a 27 spline input shaft that I had, now I want to swap to a 30 spline input shaft and I am not sure if there is anything else I would need to change other than just getting a new input shaft. If anyone knows of anything else that needs to be changed please let me know.
Thanks,
John
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
jp2002ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:54 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to IROC5.7TPI
Re: 27 spline to 30 spline swap question

AFAIK you just need the input shaft, but the whole trans has to come apart to change it.

www.detroitracing.net
IROC5.7TPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:55 AM   #3

Mike I haven't figured out how to stuff 30 splines into 27 in the converter yet??
The stator in the torque converter is the only other thing that I'm aware of. It's far more cost effective too send the converter in to have this done than purchase a whole new converter. Stators run 40~80 buxs then another 120~200 too have the converter cut open too install it then weld, rebalance it.

QUOTE=jp2002ls1]I was hoping one of you guys could answer this question about a 700R4 trans. When I built my trans I used all good parts except I didn't have a 30 spline so I used a 27 spline input shaft that I had, now I want to swap to a 30 spline input shaft and I am not sure if there is anything else I would need to change other than just getting a new input shaft. If anyone knows of anything else that needs to be changed please let me know.
Thanks,
John[/QUOTE]
Old 04-27-2005, 08:11 AM   #4

The pump stator {where the input shaft comes thru the pump} has to change as well.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #5

Yep I knew there was one other thing, thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 10:01 AM   #6

Thanks guys, sounds like I just need a new torque converter, input shaft, and pump stator. I appreciate the input, I would have forgot about the pump stator. I built my trans up with all the good parts except for the input shaft but now I wanted to get a bigger stall and I also have to upgrade the input shaft.

Last edited by jp2002ls1; 04-27-2005 at 10:03 AM.
jp2002ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:01 AM

Reply Post New Thread