Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

[Michigan] 10th Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet 2014!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 11:13 PM

Re: 10th Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet 2014!

Well, the dust has finally settled on our very successful 2014 car show and my after-shock has finally worn off - now to get stuff wrapped up and start working on next year's show!

Tonight, June 14th 2014, the final donation on behalf of Michigan FBody Association was made to Wounded Warrior Project. I'm happy to announce that between all of the donations received for judging registrations, 50/50 sales, tshirt sales, etc our car show raised $2010 towards the Wounded Warrior Project! I'm deeply ecstatic and humbled that we were able to raise this amount for such a great cause - I really did not expect to hit more than $1,000. Great job to everyone who donated and what a great way to support the veterans who sacrificed so much to give us the freedoms we enjoy each day!!!

Our official estimate for vehicles at the show is "at least" 325 Camaros and Firebirds! Again - overwhelming! This was the most accurate count we've had thus far, and I have a huge "THANK YOU" to my dad, Larry Meissen, for walking through the entire show with a little hand counter and clicking the counter for each car he walked past. The weather was beautiful, and it easily allowed us to break our record for attendance!

We've published a list of all award winners with photos of their cars on our home page - The Michigan FBody Association - 2014 Meet & Greet Award Winners

I want to thank all of the wonderful sponsors who helped make our first ever event tshirt possible! Judging by how quickly the shirt sold out, I think it's a safe bet that there will be another event shirt in 2015!!

Lastly, I just want to thank everyone for attending the show and for everyone's enthusiasm. I've said it time and time again, and I firmly believe this: Anyone can post on tons of websites asking people to show up in an empty parking lot on a Saturday. It's all of you who help spread the word, who come out to the show, who share your enthusiasm and photos after the show that really make our show what it is today.

PS - If you want to see a great video taken at the Meet & Greet using an aerial drone, check out the below youtube video!!!

And our website's event gallery is visible here:
Gallery
Old 06-15-2014, 07:24 AM

Re: 10th Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet 2014!

A picture is worth a thousand words,a video is worth a thousand pictures.
A great promotional tool for the event.
I was relaxing in the shade of a tree watching the drone do its' thing and based upon its' movement of holding position,altitude,rotating at position, figuring it was snapping pics or shooting video.