Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Trophy Madness Friday nights at Island Dragway

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:28 AM

Trophy Madness Friday nights at Island Dragway

Island is running a Trophy Madness program every Friday night in May. This sounds like the Trophy Maratons at Raceway. Bracket racing without eliminations.

http://www.islanddragway.com/
Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 AM

Sounds like something they do at Infineon which, BTW, has sheep hanging out on the hill - right in the middle of the road race track (you can hear them over the cars ).

It was street / test and tune night and everyone was running time shots. Then, all of a sudden, everyone has a dial in on their car. I thought it was a pretty good idea.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
Sounds like something they do at Infineon which, BTW, has sheep hanging out on the hill - right in the middle of the road race track (you can hear them over the cars ).

It was street / test and tune night and everyone was running time shots. Then, all of a sudden, everyone has a dial in on their car. I thought it was a pretty good idea.

Infineon....... you and Rick are putting a few miles on the RV.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by kazman
Infineon....... you and Rick are putting a few miles on the RV.
Nah, I flew out there with my mom and brother to spend some time with family. My brother and I went one night to check it out.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:36 AM

I'm getting out of work early so I will be making the trip to Island for tonights trophy run. I want to get some seat time and will be testing the waters on how my car leaves deep. I loaded a new tune and hopefully can do better than .070 lights.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by kazman
I'm getting out of work early so I will be making the trip to Island for tonights trophy run. I want to get some seat time and will be testing the waters on how my car leaves deep. I loaded a new tune and hopefully can do better than .070 lights.
So, let me share with my f-body buds what kind of an idiot I am.

I borrowed my friend Janet's 2005 Mustang GT for Pinks All Out at the Grove last weekend. The car has a two-step in it. I have never used a two-step - I'm a footbraker!

The first pass I pre-staged, brought the rpm's up to 1500 and bumped in. Set the brake and floored it only to push the car through the beams resulting in no time. Blah.

The second pass, I rolled in and lit both pre-stage and stage, mashed the brake pedal to the floor (as to not roll the beams) and then floor the gas. By the time I looked up, the light was green. .900 light. Oops (pro tree).

The third and fourth pass were just like the second only the fourth was on Rich's arm drop and he didn't care too much for my SLOW routine. I just couldn't get it down!!!!

The car was running 12.80s and they picked a 9.90 field. Rick felt bad that my car wasn't done but what can you do?

Our friends that run tech at the Grove decided Rick wasn't allowed to run quicker than 11.00 with the crack in his windshield. This is the 5th or 6th time he's been to the Grove with the car and it has had a cracked windshield every time. He lifted just past the 1/8th mile on Friday for both of his passes going a 10.12 and a 10.90. Saturday he said "screw tech" and went ALL OUT. 9.24 @ 150.63. Second pass was 9.34 but I'm not sure of the mph. Time for a parachute on his street car.

Neither one of us were picked but I didn't think we would be.

Good luck tonight Jim.