Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Philly area represent

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 08:14 PM

Re: Philly area represent

ooh. i know where that is!
Old 03-11-2017, 11:14 PM

I know this is a ten year old thread but I'm in Jenkintown and wondering if anyone is in the area anymore.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:16 PM

Still around here but haven't taken the car out of storage for a long time now. Sadly.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:41 PM

Just dragged mine out of a seven year storage myself and looking towards working on the car, maybe making some passes, and going to shows. I'm sure a lot of us who got into these cars back 10,15,+ years ago got side tracked with life.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:44 AM

I'm still here, although not nearly as much as I used to be ,& still have my Camaros, although since I got hurt at work several years back & wasn't able to return to work after my surgery I forced into early retirement. I still drive but now I only put about 500-700 miles a year on my cars. I have a 1984 with 141,000 original miles on it and a 1999 with 85,000 original miles, so you see, not a lot of driving, but when I do it's still so much fun to mash the gas pedal
Old 03-14-2017, 08:44 AM

Whoa. Old thread. Got an email cause I'm still subscribed to it lol. I'm still alive and in dirty jersey. Sold my car prob 8 years ago for 1/5 of what I had into it. Got married. Had kids. Bought a house. Ran out of time for the car. The car is still alive. Guy in Virginia bought it. Changed gears and converter/tires and runs 1/8 mile now. Killing it with 6.80's.

Me? I wanted something the whole family could enjoy so I bought a truck and an Airstream. Now I go Glamping. I have a lot of friends and family with them as well. So instead of a caravan to the track we caravan to the campground. Set up camp. Make a big fire and have a special table for adult beverages.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:04 AM

lol yeah. Someday I'll get mine back out of the garage. Bought a house, remodeled it then life got in the way lol. I would only really drive it during nice weather a few times a year. Now its been a few years since I've driven it.

I miss working on it and all, miss the car shows.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:53 PM

Steelerfan - glad to hear you are still running around with not one but two camaro soldiers. Maybe we'll run into each other someday.

Projectz28- Family is priority, awesome you found another passion to enjoy all together. Love camping with mine as well. Sometimes I wonder if 3rd and 4th gens will be as collectible in 30 years in the same way 60's muscle cars are becoming. As people try to get back to what they once had. That is when time and money intersect each other.

Magicvega - never too late to drag the car out when the time is right. Working on my house left my car a distant thought, only now am I going to do what you said,pull it out when it's nice and maybe go to a casual meet up or two. Sometimes I wonder if it is even worth the insurance but then I drive it and I feel young again.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:17 AM

Finally getting back into the car after many years. Limped my way though college with the thing. Got in two accidents shortly after college. Driver hit my front passenger side and ran off. Deer hit my front drivers side. Got him. Spent some time contemplating what to do with it but now that I'm settled into my big-boy job and have a house with a small driveway, I've gotten back into it. Spent the last couple years fixing the exhaust, replacing the headers, getting all of the body work and paint done. Looks better than when I bought it now. Bought some tires and an SLP cover today. Getting some wheels this weekend. Going to finally get back to enjoying driving it in the good weather this year.

I definitely was side tracked with the rest of my life for a bit. But now that things feel a bit more slowed down, I'm getting back into my hobbies. The itch is fierce now so I'm probably going to try to install a cam soon.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:52 PM

Yoo im still here and still got the 94 Z28. Holy crap this post old. I just randomly visited site and saw this thread with a 10 yr old reply of mine HAHA.

Damn i cant believe a decade has gone by!

Who still in area. Im still in Conshohocken area!!!
HMU
Ledfootz28@hotmail.com
Old 02-13-2018, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ledfootz28
Yoo im still here and still got the 94 Z28. Holy crap this post old. I just randomly visited site and saw this thread with a 10 yr old reply of mine HAHA.

Damn i cant believe a decade has gone by!

Who still in area. Im still in Conshohocken area!!!
HMU
Ledfootz28@hotmail.com
i live in conshohocken now lol
Old 06-01-2021, 08:14 PM

Cool Re: Philly area represent

Have the 97TA cleaned and back on the road. Thinking of visiting Island for a few runs. Anyone still alive on this 16yr old thread?
Old 06-01-2021, 08:33 PM
Administrator

I think I need to renew my contacts with people in PA, maybe find someone interested in buying my car. The advantage of selling to someone on eastern PA is the closeness to Second Street Speed in Perkasie, to have the car checked out, and pick up the tuning software and tune files. My dedicated laptop died many years ago. Car hasn’t run for about 7 years, so the fuel system needs to be cleaned. I don’t even want to try and start it.
Old 06-02-2021, 06:27 PM

Although I sold my 99 Z/28 a couple years ago I still have my 84 Camaro. I do get notifications but haven't been on here much for several years
Old 06-03-2021, 08:45 AM

Same here. The TA was a dust collector for quite awhile. Family and work life kind of put it hold, and then it just became "forgotten". However, once resurrected had an opportunity to visit someone in NJ-land. I quickly became reminded on the thrill to drive the car on turnpikes. LOL. Now that the pandemic is subsiding, was hoping to do some car shows/cruises and some track visits. Although I'm sure my RT is going to be rusty.