Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

It's too quiet in here... What are you cooking up for this season?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:18 PM

Cool It's too quiet in here... What are you cooking up for this season?

It's pretty simple for me... Race my Nova again!

Right now, the plan is to put a throttle stop and delay box in it and run Super Street in Division 1. I'm thinking I'll probably run some Tuesday night Gambler's races and possibly run my Malibu in the Street class on Saturdays.

What are you all planning on doing this season? Same cars? Upgrades/Mods?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:00 PM

Running the mustang in street and pro points at Cecil. Bring the formula out of moth ***** early June and continue the season in that car. I want to really focus on improving my skill sets. Looking forward to the fun races at Atco on August 7 and 8, Cecil on September 25 and 26, and Maple Grove on October 16 and 17. Hope to spend a week in early September in Delmar.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:58 AM

just want to get my car running again cant afford a new motor to many
Old 01-31-2010, 12:03 PM

hmmm, ill let you know when i buy a car.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by kazman
Running the mustang in street and pro points at Cecil. Bring the formula out of moth ***** early June and continue the season in that car. I want to really focus on improving my skill sets. Looking forward to the fun races at Atco on August 7 and 8, Cecil on September 25 and 26, and Maple Grove on October 16 and 17. Hope to spend a week in early September in Delmar.
Why are you waiting to take the formula out?

Originally Posted by meangreenchevy
just want to get my car running again cant afford a new motor to many
I hear you. I just want to get my Nova on the track again too... it'll be 2 years since I rolled it next month.

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
hmmm, ill let you know when i buy a car.
Keep us posted.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
Why are you waiting to take the formula out?

A number of reasons:

Formula has been sitting 2 years and needs prep work which will be done outside. Waiting for warmer weather.

I need to figure the roll out at Cecil. I have good data on the stang and can transfer that to setting up the bird.

It's a benfit to get the Mustang really dialed in with a few months of racing. Good to have a backup car (good for more that just one staging point) if something happens to the Formula.

I feel that there is a benifit of driving 2 totally different cars. It will make me focus more on my driving. I will be hitting the tree on different bulbs but see them the same way. 2nd amber shallow with the Mustang and 3rd amber deep with the Firebird.

Maple Grove is opening late (May 8) due to a track resurfaceing. The first big $$$ race is at Atco on Aug 7 and 8. No need to bring the Formula out sooner than June. I do need to be loaded for bear to be competitive in the Atco race.

I feel that I can win in the 14 second Mustang. Downside is that I can't judge a 10.0 or faster car, can't pick up .02-08 ET on the fly, nor drop .005 ET without lifting or hitting the brakes. Formula fixes those issues. For the $10k races I need to bring the best tool to the dance.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 AM

I forgot to mention something. I'm going to have another crew member added to the racing team. My daughter and son-in-law are expecting their first child in September.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:04 PM

Planning on getting the stroker back in the car next month and signing up for points in street.

Huummmm, Nothing posted from the Modfather. That can only mean two things. He's working allot, or breeding again? Maybe we should keep an eye out for a post - WWT: worked Z28 for mini-van!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pampered-Z
Planning on getting the stroker and a GLIDE back in the car next month and signing up for points in street.
Fixed your post.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by kazman
I forgot to mention something. I'm going to have another crew member added to the racing team. My daughter and son-in-law are expecting their first child in September.
CONGRATS!!!! GRANDPA!

I think you're getting too old to race! j/k

Sounds like a good plan you have going on there. Now to follow through with it... that always seems to be my issue.

Planning on getting the stroker back in the car next month and signing up for points in street.
Nice! You're near Numidia, right?

Huummmm, Nothing posted from the Modfather. That can only mean two things. He's working allot, or breeding again? Maybe we should keep an eye out for a post - WWT: worked Z28 for mini-van!
I will get moderator status so I can delete that post! No trading the Z for a mini-van!!

You wouldn't believe how many people thought I was pregnant when I bought my Malibu... it's my first 4-door car. I am not pregnant though guys...

Update on my car: Rick finished up my cage in my Nova last night. Hopefully, we can put the new body on it this weekend. Crossing my fingers!! It's getting there... We had about a month or so where we were actually contemplating putting a 2010 Camaro body on the car instead of the 63 Nova body. We found out it would cost about the same to go that route. Then we saw a picture of one done already... there's a ridiculous amount of space around the front wheels and it just doesn't look fabulous. I'm sure, in time, someone will come up with a fiberglass front end that doesn't have such a big hole for the front wheels but for now, I'm sticking to my Nova body.

Also, I got into PINKS All Out at the Grove in May. That should be fun.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:03 PM

Yah, I'm near Numidia... exactly 1 mile from the driveway of my house to the entry of the track! But that's not why I bought the house,,,, Honest.

I can't put in a glide, Ive been a foot swapper for way too many years to do the stab~n~steer!

And think about it,,, The Camaro and AC/DC music gone,,,,,

Project tooling a mini van, all proud wearing his #1 dad shirt, Sing along with Barney cranking out the tunes as the family bops their heads in harmonyas they heads to chucky cheese,,, Got the baby on board sign in the back window, my kids a honor student sticker on the bumper. Come on now, we can all see it in your minds....

No more burnout in the park scaring the old people, now he is just shaking his fist yelling DAMN KIDS out the window! Hum, who could he have learn that from???

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 02-04-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:26 PM

mod-father, one of my few heros, cannot trade out of the Z to a min-van. He cannot trade in his cape of smoke and thunder in for burbing bibs and barney and sing-along-songs.

Besides, I need a break (financial issue) of carrying on the burnout tradition. Bri needs to get back and pick up the reins again so I can sit back in the pack and just sniff the pleasing aroma of burning/burnt rubber. Also the "under the overpass over-rev". Be nice to let someone else do that "near-the-rev-limiter while the cutout is open" game play.

Meantime...sometime...in the spring... put some new glossy black parts on the engine. Fuel rails and 52mm TB.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:04 PM

Hey, back in the 80s I hauled the family in a Celeb wagon with third row seating! I could have used a bumper stick that read " My other car is cool!"
Old 02-04-2010, 02:11 PM

Here ya go. Solves ALL of the issues;

Bri's new ride

Please, no need to thank me for the obvious solution, I'm just doing my job.
ron
Old 02-04-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 97TransAm
Here ya go. Solves ALL of the issues;

Bri's new ride

Please, no need to thank me for the obvious solution, I'm just doing my job.
ron
How about one of these:

Quick Reply: It's too quiet in here... What are you cooking up for this season?