Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

end of an era

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 08:37 PM

end of an era

well its official the project is gone... The car I owned for 15 yeas, and dumped a TON of money, time, and energy into has a new home in Virgina. I couldnt stand to leave it sit in teh garage and rot away and never get used so I did the unthinkable and SOLD it. While I am sad to see it go, I am excited to start on a new adventure.

I'm going to Kentucky on Friday to pick up my new "project", anyone care to guess what it is?

Brian
Old 10-31-2011, 10:08 PM

Re: end of an era

Brain, that news makes my heart sad. Damn where did the last 15 years go?? When one door closes many suddenly open. Good luck with the new "Project"

My doors are opening in south western florida. Leaving next weekend for the last 1231 mile drive. Tons of friends and memories felf behind. Thanks to all here for the years of friendship.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:45 AM

Wow you were one of the very first members I met on this site and that lived close to me. I remember when the car was pretty much stock. Jesus Christ that seemed like just yesterday even the garage construction seemed like just a few days ago.. Good Luck man. My guess is a Z06?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by kazman
Brain, that news makes my heart sad. Damn where did the last 15 years go?? When one door closes many suddenly open. Good luck with the new "Project"

My doors are opening in south western florida. Leaving next weekend for the last 1231 mile drive. Tons of friends and memories felf behind. Thanks to all here for the years of friendship.
Yeah it make me sad too buddy, but I had to do it. A new door will open on Saturday BTW, we are all still your friends even though you are in FL... I will be here freezing my butt off this winter thinking of you on the beach!!

Originally Posted by CJ Black LS1 Z28 M6
Wow you were one of the very first members I met on this site and that lived close to me. I remember when the car was pretty much stock. Jesus Christ that seemed like just yesterday even the garage construction seemed like just a few days ago.. Good Luck man. My guess is a Z06?
Yeah man you and I have been here for a long time. I remember picking that car up from the dealer on Dec 26 1997... it was a christmas present to myself . It was yesterday... that garage was built just for my car. I had kids and lost the time and money to do what I wanted with the car. I even sold that over house 4 years ago. The "Project" has been locked up in a 1 car garage since then so i let it out.

I wish I was getting a Z06... good guess but nope, my new project is not a Vette! But it is very shiny like a Vette!!

Brian
Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 AM

My guess is another Camaro. Maybe even a vert. Something you can take the family out on a Sunday drive. Not sure of just what year.

FYI I will be racing in Central Florida on Dec 9 and 10. lol Wife reports that our pool water is down to 77 degrees burrrrrr. lol
Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 PM

nope not another Camaro... But it is something that I can fit the kids into on Sunday.

I wont hold ya to details, if you guess meat and I bought a steak I will consider it correct!

OK, here is another hint... it wont float in your pool even at 77*. lol
Old 11-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Projectz28
nope not another Camaro... But it is something that I can fit the kids into on Sunday.

I wont hold ya to details, if you guess meat and I bought a steak I will consider it correct!

OK, here is another hint... it wont float in your pool even at 77*. lol
Oh noooo you went to the dark side ......blue oval. No wait that was me. But I still race an LT1 Firebird.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 PM

well my plans have changed... I'll let the cat out of the bag I bought an Airstream travel trailer...

I was supposed to be leaving tomorrow but the guy called me today he was cleaning out the trailer and he found the carpet in the side compartment was wet. he then opened up the bed inside the felt the floor... well it colapsed and and caved in from the rotted floor. So long story short he sent pics tonight and I decided not to buy it. Needs too much work for me so its back to the drawing board again I guess!

If anyone happens to see an Airstream let me know!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM

Brian,
Sorry to see it go! But im glad your happy about it. Long time no talk btw!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:45 AM

Hey Harold! How have you been haven talked to you in a loooooong time!

Yeah it was sad to see the car go but it was just sitting and I have other things I wanted to do. I ended up buying a 1990 Airstream. 29' Excella. I also bought a Hensley hitch and a new tow vehicle. I sold my wifes car and bought an 03 F350, crew cab, short bed, SRW, 4x2, 7.3L powerstroke, it has 33k miles on it and its in great shape! So once spring hits we are now going to be a camping family instead of a racing family... its much like racing... you sink thousands of dollars into something you will never get back and you dont even care!

We have friends who are into Airstreams and Liz's parents have a 34' AS Landyatch. We have been going with them and piling us, the kids and the grandparents into 1 motorhome. Its tight with all of us and we really needed our own to do it on a regular basis. They have a Honda CRV that they tow behind the RV and we decided we wanted a truck/trailer combo so we did it.

I loved my car and I am still intouch with the new owner. I actually have hopes that in the future he will sell it back to me. He has already told me he would do that in the future. We just decided we had a very limited timeframe where we could do something with the kids that they would have fun with as well so I made the move. If I were rich I would have kept the car but having 1 expensive toy is all we need

Whats new with you?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:36 AM

Camping is cool man. You gotta do what you gotta do for your family. Family comes before cars any day of the week! But I think the last time I saw you, I was probably 19 years old. Well im 25 now. Im married, working @ Geisinger Medical Center. I have a cam only 99 Z-28 with a blown 10 bolt! So ive been on the lookout for a 9". I've been putting alot of time into my 04 Yamaha Banshee. Nothing like a 75 hp two stroke! My wife and I have been trying to build a home for over a year now. Talk about frustration! But I think its getting closer to dropping the hammer and getting it built. Other than that man, its been the same old thing except we are all getting older! Especially that John B guy which he just fell off the face of the earth! We should all get together at some point this summer. We will all bring the cars, you can bring the airstream and we will camp out in the parking lot!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:07 PM

WOW! have I been out of the loop!

I know the feeling, I got out when I started my family and racing and hotrodding had to be put on hold.

One day you'll be ProjectII!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 AM

Its sad to see things change like that but honestly I dont reget selling. Life changes and you have to change with it. All I can say is at least I didnt do something stupid and save my money... I blew every penny and more

Heck I have over $35k invested into camping and still havent left the driveway! LOL

Harold sounds like you doing well and you are defiantely going to enjoy life. Thats what matters.

We should do a little reunion this year. Get Ron on board he loves setting that stuff up

I'll bring the camper you bring the car and we are good for a couple days!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:46 PM

I got "promoted" meaning twice the work for the same pay! I haven't done anything since September but travel and work 7 days a week. I managed to get it uncovered and around the block over the Thanksgiving weekend. Since then it's again sitting, I think the inspection ran out?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 PM

lol, its great getting a promotion isnt it? It could be worse though right?

My work is going down hill fast. My boss quit last year and ever since our work load has been dropping and so have my hours. They just hired a new boss who doesn't know j/s. And now they are eyeballing our time cards and jobs like we are crooks. So looking forward to this year!

Actually I cant wait to go camping. We have so much fun, and now that we have our own truck and trailer I know the kids are excited and we will have a family obsession. That could be bad it will probably cost me more than my camaro ever did.

Quick Reply: end of an era