Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Car back from the body shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Car back from the body shop

Picked up my car today. Shop did some un-authorized graphics. I'm in shock. Repainted entire car in original dark teal with white swooshes with ghost skulls and yellow green pin strips. All hand done in paint. I have a custom one of graphics package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acRdxBYJ5RA

http://www.youtube.com/user/kazmanlt.../0/cNs6xfkIn90

http://www.youtube.com/user/kazmanlt.../1/MXXlorQDdZ0

Last edited by kazman; 01-23-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:20 AM

Re: Car back from the body shop

Sweet!!! Can't wait to see it in person.
But you're not driving the car in the winter time, right? Mine is huddled deep in the garage corner...
Old 01-24-2011, 10:48 AM

Not street driven any more. I think the inspection sticker expired in 2003. Car did sit outside for years. It's in the garage right now. First thing I'm gong to do when I get a job is to buy an enclosed trailer.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:26 PM
ZZ

Who sprayed it for you? I'm looking into getting paint this year.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by ZZ
Who sprayed it for you? I'm looking into getting paint this year.
Paint Works in Stowe Pa. Mike Barber did the graphic design and work. His dad Bob did the overall paint.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:26 PM

Wait... I'm confused... I thought you moved to Florida?

Old 01-27-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
Wait... I'm confused... I thought you moved to Florida?

Linda is staying in the apartment in Florida (Ft. Myers). I'm up here getting the house ready for sale (looking to have the sale sign up on March 1). In the meantime I'm looking for work both here and florida. Longest that I want to stay here is another 1-1.5 years or until the house is sold.

After all these years we finally get married and now are living 1243 miles apart due to the economy.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by kazman
Linda is staying in the apartment in Florida (Ft. Myers). I'm up here getting the house ready for sale (looking to have the sale sign up on March 1). In the meantime I'm looking for work both here and florida. Longest that I want to stay here is another 1-1.5 years or until the house is sold.

After all these years we finally get married and now are living 1243 miles apart due to the economy.
Ah, OK. That makes sense now. I was sitting here thinking... wait... I got a Christmas card with a Florida return address saying "we finally did it!" Jim in PA = no sense.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
Ah, OK. That makes sense now. I was sitting here thinking... wait... I got a Christmas card with a Florida return address saying "we finally did it!" Jim in PA = no sense.

Wife is far away so I can run amuck. Polishing my wheels in the family room. Too cold in the garage. I may get to run a few times at Atco this year.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:54 PM

Looks awsome Jim!! How much racing do you do with that car anymore?

FLORIDA!!!!???!!!! Sorry to hear you are leaving at least we will all still be able to keep in touch here. Florida is fun and I think they have racing all year round!

Good luck with selling the house. Hope it better for you than it is around here. My neighbor just sold their house after 6 months on the market for $85,000 less than I paid for my house right next door only 3 years ago. Only difference between mine and his is that I have a full bath in the master bedroom and he has a walk in closet instead. 2.5 bath vs 1.5 bath. And I have dumped $15k into mine since we bought it.... doh!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by kazman
Wife is far away so I can run amuck. Polishing my wheels in the family room. Too cold in the garage. I may get to run a few times at Atco this year.
Honestly, I'm not sure how much I'll be racing at Atco this year. Last year we did the Streetcar Shootout from Sept through Nov at Cecil and really loved it. They changed the 12.0 index to 11.5 so we're going to slow the mustang down and I'm going to run that and Pro Dial (bracket racing on a handicapped pro-tree).

They run the first Saturday of each month from April through November with the exception of June (that's ADRL at MG and a lot of streetcar shootout people want to run both). Check it out though - maybe it interests you?

Atco also changed their 12.0 to 11.5 so I may hit that up on a Friday night here or there too. And since my car will be slowed to 11.5s, I may hit up a Saturday points race at Atco once in a while too - in Street.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:56 AM

Brian, the car has been sitting since '07. I took it out a number of times towards the end of the season. I really didn't race that much. I do plan to get back into racing this season with the formula.

Jax, I did run one event at the end of the season NA index on a pro tree. I'm a little too slow to run a 11.50 index but can run the 12.0 anytime of the year. I do like the stagared indexes on the pro tree. I don't know if I'll be in Pa to be able to run a season of points. NA events seem like a nice alternative to the point races.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:03 PM

Moving to Florida? I'm not going to have anyone to talk to in the buyback lanes! Next post, So I traded the bird for a swamp buggy!

Good luck Jim, I'd move south in a second if I could. This freaken winter sucks and we're just into February!