LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Whos Running A Cast Eagle Stroker Crank? How Much HP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:51 PM

Whos Running A Cast Eagle Stroker Crank? How Much HP?

They say they are good to 500hp.. I feel like I may be teetering on the edge of 500hp with my setup... Details below.

Anyone else running the cheapo stroker kit from ebay?.. $700 total.. Eagle cast crank, eagle I Beam rods, forged speed pro pistons?. How much HP Do you have? how long you been running it?.

If it was to break, or if anyone's has broke.. Are we talking about a clean break, twisting off on the outside of the block, or somewhere were its not going to destroy the block.

Or should I be more worried that i am still using the stock 2 bolt main?

now im really dreaming.. but I would love a tiny 100 shot of juice.... Out of the question?.

Thanks Guys..

My Motor:
Engine: 383 Stroker With Cast Eagle Crank, Forged Eagle I Beam Rods W/ARP CapScrews, Forged Speed Pro Pistons. Clevite Bearings
Heads/Cam: Lloyd Elliot 2.5 Heads, LE2.5 Custom Grind BILLET Cam 236/236 .562/.562 107 LSA
Intake: SLP Fender Well Intake, Aluminum Intake Elbow, 58mm Throttle Body, Lloyd Elliot Ported & Polished Intake
Exhaust: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust With Added Bullet Muffler, Cat/Air/EGR Deleted
Transmission: Tremec T56 Manual 6 Speed %u2013 Freshened Up When Engine Was Built (Less Than 1500 Miles Ago)
Clutch: SPEC Stage 3 Clutch & Pressure Plate, 6-Puck Disk, ARP Flywheel Bolts, All New Bearings, Neutrally Balanced Flywheel
Rear End: 8.5%u201D 10-Bolt with GM 4.10 Gears, Chrome Diff Cover (Rebuilt Professionally 200 Miles Ago)
Other: 1.6 Comp Cams Full Roller Rockers NSA 7/16 Stud, Hardened Trick Flow Guide Plates, 42lb Racetronix Injectors, Racetronix 255LPH Fuel Pump , Throttle Body Coolant Bypass, Deleted Air Pump/Air Injection, Deleted EGR, Custom Tune By Solomon From LT1PCMTuning, LT4 Knock Sensor & Knock Module, Cloyes True Roller Timing Chain Set, LS7 Lifters , Comp Camps Chromoly Push Rods, , Comp Cams Beehive Springs (.600 Total Lift), ARP Flywheel Bolts, New Autolite 104 Spark Plugs & AIP Electronics 10.5MM Wires In 2011, New Oxygen Sensors In 2011, New 850CCA Battery In 2010, Engine Block Was Thermo Cleaned And Painted Orange, Intake Manifold Is Painted Red Like The LT4 Manifold. EVAP Delete, AC Delete, Alternator Relocated To AC Location, Heater Core Bypass, Oil Cooler Delete (Soon Electronic Water Pump)

Last edited by ENRKyle20; 04-02-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Forgot Motor Specs
Old 04-03-2012, 06:10 AM

Re: Whos Running A Cast Eagle Stroker Crank? How Much HP?

Do yourself a favor and don't even start the engine. They are the absolute WORST crankshafts you can buy, hands down. There have been DOZENS of documented failures of them breaking on low HP applications. Personally I think their 500HP "rating" is too high.

Mark my words - you're going to smoke that bottom end, spray or no spray.

The two bolt mains aren't a problem, even in higher HP applications.

Then again I could be completely wrong and you'll have a nice long life out of that engine. Personally, I don't think so.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 AM

If it were me, I would take that kit to your nearest performance shop and have them balance and check everything out. I would never install a recip assembly out of the box from a manufacturer.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 AM

All that money into that car, and you chose to cheap out on this? :S
I would definitely sell that stuff and buy quality parts, otherwise you are risking trashing those heads....block.....maybe even your hood from a piston lol.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:27 AM

Well actually the whole plan was to cheap out on the whole thing, and the stroker kit was the fist thing ordered.. It got expensive after that. I didnt plan on that. I hate to think how much money I sunk into this project. lol. I do regret cheaping out on the kit.. well just the crank.. Wish it was forged. And not getting a 4 bolt main conversion. Should I just limit RPM to keep it safe? 6200?.. 6500?...Im not going to sell any of it, it treated me good this far and its been threw some stuff, over 10,000 miles. Im just running stock size tires and stock diff (with 4:10s) so I have a feeling im not gripping enough to really stress the engine yet.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 AM

oh forgot to mention.. The machine shop did have the whole setup including the flywheel and he balanced it all out and numbered the pistons and rings for me. the flywheel is neutrally balanced. Feels balanced to me and im sure it is.

Last edited by ENRKyle20; 04-03-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 PM

let me show you my Eagle crank.....

I went with a Scat after that.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by formula-bird

Pic

Exactly where mine broke.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:16 PM

DAMN!!!!! What all did it hurt when it broke?
Old 04-14-2012, 06:28 PM

Kyle what is the difficulty with getting a stock crank and using that with the rest of your kit?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Administrator

He wants a "stroker". But if the only way to afford the stroker is to buy an Eagle cast crank, I'd stick with the stock crank and build a 355. It would last a lot longer and be a lot more reliable.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
He wants a "stroker".
Yep, sorry I missed that.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Exactly where mine broke.
I called the guy up i bought the long block off of and told him that mine broke and where it broke. He said i wasnt the first to report back to him about one breaking there....

Originally Posted by 95zsean
DAMN!!!!! What all did it hurt when it broke?
I know its going to be hard to believe. But it only damaged the bearing! After about 8,000 miles on it this time with an Scat crank, its still going strong!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:43 AM

Is the motor assembled or what? I'd sell the Eagle stuff and start over, even if the means putting in the stock stuff.

-Dustin-
Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by formula-bird

Holy ****. What was the story when that broke and what happened when it broke (sounds, etc) ? LOL

Quick Reply: Whos Running A Cast Eagle Stroker Crank? How Much HP?