LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Whos Running A Cast Eagle Stroker Crank? How Much HP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 03:52 AM

Re: Whos Running A Cast Eagle Stroker Crank? How Much HP?

Yeah, based on the above, I would go with something else. Better to spend it now than risk tearing up a bunch of stuff if it lets go.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by RyanEricW
Holy ****. What was the story when that broke and what happened when it broke (sounds, etc) ? LOL
i went to do a burn out in front of the house. And all the sudden i heard a loud noise... Thought rear went at first then a nice vibration cause the car was still running. I pulled in into the garage, and looked under the hood and seen the damper wasnt spinning like it should LOL. The crank broke at a little over 3000rpms. i was able to reuse the block and rods. I got very lucky!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM

Wow insane pic, and sounds like it has happened to others. BUT seems like they are designed to fail in a way that will not destroy the engine, just a bearing. That is a comforting thought.

My engine is all build, running, and driven often without issues. But I want more power.. I know that with that crank I can not have any more power... but defiantly not taking anything apart or replacing the crank until its in two pieces.

Thank you for the post and ty very much for the pic.. I am shocked at the pic, but relieved that it failed where it did.. hope mine does to. Everything else is forged in my engine.. almost all the money in that engine is up top.. heads, intake, headers, intake... the pistons and rods are too but im not worried about them.. im going to push my luck and hope for the best. Im still running a stock rear end and street tires so not much there to stick and shock the engine.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:02 PM

JMHO, but your rationale makes absolutely no sense to me.

Good luck anyway.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Do yourself a favor and don't even start the engine. They are the absolute WORST crankshafts you can buy, hands down. There have been DOZENS of documented failures of them breaking on low HP applications. Personally I think their 500HP "rating" is too high.

Mark my words - you're going to smoke that bottom end, spray or no spray.

The two bolt mains aren't a problem, even in higher HP applications.

Then again I could be completely wrong and you'll have a nice long life out of that engine. Personally, I don't think so.

You were right. Engine never seen spray, Ran strong and healthy for a long time but one day (about 6 years after the build) -- The crank decided to be a jerk and let go. Not sure if i'm going to rebuild or not. It's been sitting in my garage since fall when it happened. I know its carnage in that block seeing as I lost all oil AND coolant ( =hole in block)..
Old 02-10-2016, 10:20 AM

OP

I don't have pictures....but sadly I am a member of the Eagle 2 piece crank club

Mine broke before front journal.....while driving about 35 mph. Motor still ran...just shook like a dog shiating razor blades. Took out the block

Fortunately builder promptly replaced motor.

went with Scat forged

with all that said there are many who run one but Eagle cast stroker cranks have a long list of failures
Old 02-10-2016, 11:48 AM

Man that sucks. I chose the wrong place to skimp. Glad to hear your builder covered it!