LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

whoa..pick me up scotty

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 10:58 PM

Angry whoa..pick me up scotty

My cat was clogged ,just had the univ. installed. looks great,not oversized, doesnt hang down,etc.

had to have one of my NEW plug wires replaced due to the heat from the clogged cat.

shot out a code 16.....once. checked harness...all was well.

determined the iac was defected. he said it closed alright....but wouldnt open right or something like that. I think he said he checked it with a light or something.

their price was 224.00 for the part and installation.....yea...i know.

i couldve got the part at a dealership for about 100 bucks....and what....a whole 10 min to install. gotta pick the car up tomorrow , im going to let him know what I know and see if theyll adjust the price some.
especially considering the fact I just gave them 300.00 for a diag. ang cat install. week before last, it cost me about 1400.00 for wire install,complete opti,water pump...i had plugs and wires already.

also just had to pay 165.00 last week to have 2 hinges painted and installed.

week 1-> 1400.00 tune up,water pump,etc

week 2-> 165.00 hinge replacement

week 3-> 524.00 cat,iac,diag....whatever

avg of 700.00 per week maint to operate a freakin Lt1.....nice {sarcasim}

is it worth it....i dunno man.

couldve had a nice fishin boat for less than what this things costin me......

Last edited by Liquid Teal; 09-28-2004 at 11:10 PM. Reason: wasnt finished
Old 09-28-2004, 11:14 PM

Re: whoa..pick me up scotty

$1400 tune up? You might want to consider doing your own plugs/wires opti...it'd be MUCH cheaper
Old 09-28-2004, 11:20 PM

That kind of money really makes it look like they're shafting you man.
I did my tranny swap for $1500. I don't understand why a tune up and a waterpump are $1400? That's just scary. Did that include a new opti, plugs, wires, etc? More details on that before I say it was way overpriced.

The next time you have an issue with your car, I'm sure there's people on this board that might take a look at it for free. For a reasonable rate they'd probably even do some labor for you. I've started doing maintenance on my friends' cars in return for other favors.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:57 PM

Did they tell you to bend over? Looks like you did.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:01 PM

As for doin the work myself....I just dont have the time.Maybe my kaotic lifestyle will let up before too long. Thats just kinda what happens when you are the ONLY one to care for an ailing elderly parent....
Turns out I really do have more money than time.....or sense , whicheva.

What really sux...is the fact my son is a technician with thousands of dollars in snap on tools, heck....his big yellow snap on tool box cost more than every mechanical and carpentry gadget Ive ever owned...combined.

Besides him just being a non caring son....I raised him to be a GM man....and he can work on them...and sometimes even has luck diagnosing the thing.
But he's been corrupted into owning a ford , and working on them for a living. guess he'll never go broke ehh....LOL but wait.......he couldve made a fortune working on these lame,poorly designed excuse for a GM called the Lt-1.

As for bending over.....he## , I just walk around that way all the time anymore....remember ,I too own an f-bod.If I ever see ya around....Ill know who you are....cause you'll be walking like that too...right , bro ?

anyway....on my way home from the dealer ,after forking out the cash for the cat,iac,etc this morning.....my ses came on , for whatever reason...I dunno , but you can bet I'll be heading back....ky jelly in my hand...to the place I now call home...my beloved....Chevrolet dealer

Peace Out.....all me brotha's