LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Un-freaking-believable!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 09:36 PM

Re: Un-freaking-believable!!!!

Originally Posted by OldSchoolSS
Try this attach a piece of old heater hose to your shop vac via duct tape and they stick that sucker in there and move it around. You might want to clean out the shop vac before you do this so it will make it easier to find the copper tube if you suck it up. You could also use clear milk tube in the 1/2" variety.

Well, I don't have a shop vac, but I'll give that a try with my good old trusty hoover. Nice idea, hopefully it will work!
Old 10-03-2004, 09:38 PM

If you use clear tube, you could put a piece of screen in there so you dont have to fish it out but you would still be able to see it after its sucked up. Just put the screen at the junction of the clear tube and the standard vacuum hose.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:37 PM

Yeah, that's right you little bastard, who's your daddy!!!

35 minutes flat and the intake manifold was off and I had the brass tube in my fingers. That little sucker went ALL the way down #1 to the backside (or outside) of the valve and kind of wedged in there! Thank goodness that cylinder was at TDC. I did some thinking and if the valve had been open all the way, that thing could have just gone right by it into the cylinder. THAT would have really sucked.

FYI, I decided to bypass the vaccuum cleaner method, seeing as how I wanted some more manifold practice.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:02 PM

my buddy did this in his mustang with a brass pipe plug thingy. I have one of those long spring things with the claw at teh end. You push a button on one end and teh claw pops out and when you let the button go it closes up. Whats this great tool called??? If anything will fish it out ill be this thing.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:07 PM

NOW then, when you put it BACK in the TB, JB WELD THAT SUCKER INTO PLACE SO IT WILL NOT COME OUT.

That's all
Old 10-04-2004, 09:08 PM

Been there done that. Car needs coolant and the battery hooked back up.