LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Tuning Gods. Can you tell me what i did?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 03:16 PM

Tuning Gods. Can you tell me what i did?

So i bought a heavily modded camaro to play around with. Ported and Polished heads, Intake manifold, 240 Duration cam, 3200 stall, 3.73's, long tubes, catback, Walbro fuel pump, yadda yadda yadda. Today i tried installing a stereo so i unhooked the battery and pressed on the brake pedal to get the charge out of the system. After installing the radio and reconnecting the battery the car will idle for a about 10 seconds, jump up and down between 1000 and 2000 then just die. Now can anyone tell me what the hell i did? As far as i know this car didnt have any ECM tuning to begin with. What did i possibly do when i unhooked the battery? I can hear the fuel pump prime when i switch the key to the on position so its not a dead pump.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Re: Tuning Gods. Can you tell me what i did?

What year is the car/PCM?

You really need to add a "Signature" with basic info about you car - year, model, engine, trans and any major mods.

If the ECM wasn't tuned for the heads and large cam (and hopefully larger injectors) it wouldn't have been running well at all. Only the 93 has an "ECM" (engine control module). 94 and up have a "PCM" (powertrain control module) since they also control the transmission.

Disconnecting the ECM (or PCM) will not cause the tune to be lost. It will clear the long term fuel corrections, the IAC start position (counts) and a low octane fuel flag if it has been set.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:50 PM

Re: Tuning Gods. Can you tell me what i did?

Originally Posted by Injuneer
What year is the car/PCM?

You really need to add a "Signature" with basic info about you car - year, model, engine, trans and any major mods.

If the ECM wasn't tuned for the heads and large cam (and hopefully larger injectors) it wouldn't have been running well at all. Only the 93 has an "ECM" (engine control module). 94 and up have a "PCM" (powertrain control module) since they also control the transmission.

Disconnecting the ECM (or PCM) will not cause the tune to be lost. It will clear the long term fuel corrections, the IAC start position (counts) and a low octane fuel flag if it has been set.
Hey Fred,

Its a 95 and i will get on the sig as soon as I'm done. When I bought it it was drivable. Not very well but would atleast idle. Now none of that. I had planned on getting it dyno tuned this week now im going to have to come up with a new solution. Is there any good tuning solutions by mail?