LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Throttle response not as crisp when warm?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 11:55 AM

Throttle response not as crisp when warm?

Hey guys just a quick question on if it is normal for the throttle response to not be as crisp once warm. On a cold start if I tap the throttle a bit (no I'm not revving the crap out of it, just raising rpm around 500) it responds like a sports bike. Just real quick and sharp. Once warm however, I don't want to say it lags, because there isn't really any lag in the response, but it just isn't as "crisp". Is this normal or is this some kind of pcm issue? If needed I could take a video… Thanks
Old 02-07-2015, 12:10 PM

Re: Throttle response not as crisp when warm?

It runs a lot richer when cold. so you might notice a slight difference.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:15 PM

Alright good to hear! Thanks for the response and everything you've done for the F-body community shoebox!
Old 02-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Data log using Scan9495 allows us to look for possible problems when it warms up and goes into closed loop.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:49 PM

Injuneer - thanks for the reply… I am completely out of my element when it comes to data logging. Are there specific sensors you recommend I look at in the data? And what would the acceptable ranges be for those sensors? Thanks again
Old 02-09-2015, 07:01 AM

do the throttle-body bypass if not done already

O2s lazy?
MAF dirty?

really need a scan like Injuneer stated
Old 02-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 94Form
Injuneer - thanks for the reply… I am completely out of my element when it comes to data logging. Are there specific sensors you recommend I look at in the data? And what would the acceptable ranges be for those sensors? Thanks again
Apparently you didn't understand my post. Go to the "sticky" for Scan9495 on the "Computer Diagnostics and Programming" forum. Download the software (free). Buy a cable to connect a laptop to the ALDL connector - instructions in the thread. The scanning program records everything that it needs - you don't have to tell it what sensors, etc. After you record the data log you post it on an FTP site so we can download it, or e-mail the file to one of us. Any problem with the software - GaryDoug wrote it, so he can help you make it work,

You don't have to know the acceptable ranges... we know that, and we use our knowledge to look for problems in the data. If you would really like to know more about the data and how to interpret it, I have a 20+ page guide that I can send (.pdf).
Old 02-10-2015, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Apparently you didn't understand my post. Go to the "sticky" for Scan9495 on the "Computer Diagnostics and Programming" forum. Download the software (free). Buy a cable to connect a laptop to the ALDL connector - instructions in the thread. The scanning program records everything that it needs - you don't have to tell it what sensors, etc. After you record the data log you post it on an FTP site so we can download it, or e-mail the file to one of us. Any problem with the software - GaryDoug wrote it, so he can help you make it work,

You don't have to know the acceptable ranges... we know that, and we use our knowledge to look for problems in the data. If you would really like to know more about the data and how to interpret it, I have a 20+ page guide that I can send (.pdf).
Ah perfect! I will definitely try to get a scan today or tomorrow so I can post it up. Thanks again guys, I really appreciate the help
Old 02-10-2015, 07:29 PM

I couldn't get the other program to work, but I did scan it using data master. You'll have to excuse my ignorance if the scan is too long or not what you were looking for. Its about 10 minutes of idle from cold start. Entered closed loop, and at the end of the scan I raised RPMs in case you needed that too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/js...h_acel_eng.uni

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Without even looking at it, there's probably not a lot to be learned from 10 minutes of idle. Your concern seemed to be throttle response. You need to log it on the road, duplicating the driving that produces what you feel is unsatisfactory response to advancing throttle.

I'll take a look at it. I would prefer you export the Datamaster file in .csv format. I analyze these using Excel, and now I have to do the export. Scan9495 is a lot easier to work with, and produces more comprehensive data.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Without even looking at it, there's probably not a lot to be learned from 10 minutes of idle. Your concern seemed to be throttle response. You need to log it on the road, duplicating the driving that produces what you feel is unsatisfactory response to advancing throttle.

I'll take a look at it. I would prefer you export the Datamaster file in .csv format. I analyze these using Excel, and now I have to do the export. Scan9495 is a lot easier to work with, and produces more comprehensive data.
Thanks again for the response Injuneer, I might have to try this again once spring rolls around then. I'm up in MN so not really possible to drive right now Appreciate your help!