LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Super Rich plus Oil out of Exhuast

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 12:47 AM

Super Rich plus Oil out of Exhuast

Hey guys here is what i have
94z28 heads,cam,edel intake, scorpion 1.6 RR,58mmtb,cai,longtunes,xpipe, fuel pumpbooster(not the one that goes hooked up to the TPS), stainless steel fuel line relocation wrapped with DEI reflective wrap not the tape
New parts- ac delco ICM and coil ( I put thermal compound behind the sensor plus I have the whole icm and coil which is also new about 3inches off the head to avoid overheating)
all ground engine to chassis grounds are new using two gauge wire and have been checked.
New opti spark ( might not have had to change it)

Whats wrong--- Driving on the highway cruising about 60 i decided to step on it enough to downshift and pick up some speed, right when it hit 4k the car stumbled and started missing so I drove it home slow. ( at stop lights the car was blowing white smoke with a RAWWW smell of fuel)
So i thought mmm.. opti spark since the car has been running a little rough and giving me stumble under low rpm and car dying when i hit bumps hard(in my mind i just thought the opti) so i went a got a new one from the auto parts ( i know they are ****ty ones but if I was gonna spend 300-500 on a good opti i would rather put that towards the carb conversion ive been wanted to do)
New opti installed and car still miss fires badly and runs really really rich and blows a good amount of OIL out the exhaust pipes ( Straight pipes all the way with X)

TEST that have been done to help Diagnose
-Pulled Fuel Reg vacuum line to see if anything changed in the cars stumble- Nothing
-Started Pulling Injector plugs- injectors 5-6 when pulled and reconnected made no difference in cars rpm ( so i think they are the ones dumping fuel) all others when disconnected an reconnected changed the cars rpms and idle
-I pulled spark plug 5 and boy was it black from being rich but not oily
-Tried to put a compression tester in there but didn't fit due to LTS so I put my finger over the whole and had my buddy crank it and i did feel air coming out not super hard but it was blowing also almost sucked my finger in..
-Also ran a vacuum gauge and it pulls 16HG steady
-ran free scan and no codes shown and BLMS ( Left and right Interrogators) go down to the 60s and sometimes one side is in the low 100s and the other side 60s 70s and then its changes to the other side

Basically I have a bad missfire burning super super rich and a good amount of oil coming out the exhaust.
Whats your opinions?
Old 06-13-2014, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Re: Super Rich plus Oil out of Exhuast

What are the long term fuel trims (= BLM's) in various cells? "Integrators" are short term corrections. The fact the short terms going very low would indicate the long terms are bottomed out at 108 and aren't able to control the rich condition.

Do you have a data log that you can provide for review?
Old 06-13-2014, 06:49 PM

Have you checked the water for oil and the oil for water? Sounds like a bad head gasket more than a bad opti.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:34 PM

The long terms are bottomed out at 110 being that I set it to go no lower then 110 and not really i could data log if ud like.
and yea i checked the oil and water and both were fine... either way im gonna start taking the motor out and tear it down to see whats wrong.. im gonna rebuild it (which was in my plans anways).. now i just gotta figure out what ima build lol thanks for the help though guys