LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

really strange problems are driving me crazy

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 03:32 PM

Angry really strange problems are driving me crazy

this is the problem, when ever i push in the clutch coming to a stop the rpms will hang up at 2000 - 2200 rpm and stay there. it also feels like it is going to die when i am releasing the clutch coming off the line, kind like bogs really bad. i have to give extra revs so it wont do it. the weird thing it runs a little better when it is hotter outside but at night it seems noticeably worse. at night the temp gauge reads only about 160-170. the car seems like it is running rich bc i was at a stop light and i have no cats, etc and the fumes were sickening. the car has a new motor with the hot cam, pp heads and intake, 25 lb ls1 injectors,madwolf tune, and all bolt ons. the car has codes p0100 maf, p0400 egr, and p0336 crank sensor. in the past ive replaced the egr valve and still throws the code. i need some help, thank you

these are the thing ive replaced
1. injectors
2. driver side o2
3. iat sensor
4. coolant sensor the one on the water pump
5. crank position sensor
Old 09-21-2004, 03:54 PM

Re: really strange problems are driving me crazy

i had this exact same problem. Scan the car and check the IAC counts. I believe your motor is not getting enough air to accomodate your cam, and the IAC is maxing out trying to make the car idle. When approaching a stop, the IAC hangs a bit.. Take the IAC out of the throttle body, and spary some carb cleaner, and clean it off. Also, put a little bit of vaseline, where the butterflies of the throttle body connect to the throttle body housing, to eliminate the chance of the butterflies hanging. You might have to get an aftermarket throttle body with an idle adjust screw in order to get your IAC counts down if they are high. If you want to avoid the purchase of a TB, you can also drill a small hole in the bellow AFTER THE MAF, and attatch a vacuum line from there to the manifold, also to help get air in the manifold. You can also drill the IAC passages a bit bigger, but before you do any of this, scan the car, and see the IAC counts...I have a feeling its that...

you might want to fix your codes before aswell....