LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Racetronix Install Question

Old 08-31-2004, 06:52 PM

Racetronix Install Question

I'm in the process of putting the new pump in, and ran into a semi-snag suddenly.

The racetronix directions say to basically to put the stock connector on to their harness. Red and grey wires on their harness, you have to remove the black and grey and purple wires on the stock harness.

The harness I have has two connector ends. The one end connects to the pump, with a black wire with an in-line spade and a white wire. The other connector is exactly like the stock one on the car. Do I just need to remove the purple wire from the stock one and put it into the Racetronix harness, thus eleminating all of the old wiring harness, or am I missing something?
Old 09-01-2004, 04:06 PM

Re: Racetronix Install Question

Did you get our reply email?
Old 09-01-2004, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Did you get our reply email?

Sure did. Is Racetronix sending out two different styled harness' or are you moving from one style to another?
Old 09-02-2004, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Sure did. Is Racetronix sending out two different styled harness' or are you moving from one style to another?

No. Same just white color is different.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:25 PM

Same thing happend to me, im actually waiting overnight for the bucket to seal properly. I need help fast on that same thing. Should i take the old wire and plug it into the new harness? whatmods@hotmail.com <---my email
Old 09-23-2004, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by 96lt1Camaro
Same thing happend to me, im actually waiting overnight for the bucket to seal properly. I need help fast on that same thing. Should i take the old wire and plug it into the new harness? whatmods@hotmail.com <---my email
Instead of guessing just e-mail support@racetronix.com.
Simply transfer over the violet wire if your pump already has a connector on the end of it. We started putting the connector on the end because a few people reversed the polarity of the pump.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Instead of guessing just e-mail support@racetronix.com.
Simply transfer over the violet wire if your pump already has a connector on the end of it. We started putting the connector on the end because a few people reversed the polarity of the pump.
Putting that connector on the end makes a HUGE difference IMO though. There's no chance of screwing anything up except for the sending unit wire at that point. Overall outstanding kit!!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:49 PM

Well the car is up and running but there is a problem, The gas level goes way over the full position, Ive taken the pump out twice to see if there was anything in the way of the level sensor but nothing. Could it be that the violet wire is not properly connected? Could this cause the level sensor to not work?
Old 09-24-2004, 12:59 PM

Well the car is up and running but there is a problem, The gas level goes way over the full position, Ive taken the pump out twice to see if there was anything in the way of the level sensor but nothing. Could it be that the violet wire is not properly connected? Could this cause the level sensor to not work?
That or a ground is missing.
Did you plug the Racetronix black ground wire's female terminal into the top of the level sender?
Old 09-24-2004, 01:02 PM

yes the racetronix black wire is connected to the top of the level sender, ill try sanding the old terminals a bit since they are a bit rusty looking. ill come back with some feedback
Old 09-24-2004, 01:09 PM

I pulled mine out SIX times before I got it right. When you put the pump back in, hold the level float parallel along the pump assembly, the metal part should be right against the pump assembly as you put it in. If your brave, turn the key on and watch the level. If you dont hold the float right, it will get caught somehow and not register and read way past full.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:18 PM

Same thing happened to me, but when I removed the pump I found that the wire had come off of the connector.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:39 PM

wow what a coinsicence. Yup just finished taking the pump off and saw that the pin had come off the terminal. it had almost no slack so i added about 2 inches of wire, welded them and now it works!!! Thx guys especially racetronix. Now to go test it out!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 02:39 PM

wow what a coinsicence. Yup just finished taking the pump off and saw that the pin had come off the terminal. it had almost no slack so i added about 2 inches of wire, welded them and now it works!!! Thx guys especially racetronix. Now to go test it out!!!
Type of wire used to extend?
Welded?
Old 09-24-2004, 04:13 PM

Little bigger gauge wire. Not welded but crimped together tehn tape was wraped around it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racetronix Install Question