LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Pulled motor out from the bottom, did I screw myself?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 12:57 AM

Pulled motor out from the bottom, did I screw myself?

First of all, there are alot of wires that I disconnected, now I am slightly concerned with multiple connectors that fit the same things. Is there any place that could help me figure out what they came off of, since I only labeled a few of them?

Second, the shortest kmember bolt snapped clean on the passenger side. What would be the best way to remove that bolt?

-James

PS. it was scary getting that thing that high!
Old 09-20-2004, 07:24 AM

Re: Pulled motor out from the bottom, did I screw myself?

As far as the wiring goes, a lot of it will be common sense once you start. Just start laying the harness out about how it would go, start with something you are sure about. I started with the injectors and and the tranny end and most of it just kinda fell into place from there. THIS should help if you are unsure about any of them.

As far as the K-member bolt, you could either use an easy out or drill it out slightly smaller than the threads and chissel out whats left, just use caution not to ruin the threads
Old 09-20-2004, 08:31 AM

Unhappy Re: Pulled motor out from the bottom, did I screw myself?

The only connectors I noticed the same are the injectors, o2 sensors, and PCM. I might be wrong. Well, the injectors are labeled with the cylinder number, The o2 sensors are common sense they do not have the length to get mixed up. I don't know if you removed the PCM. I did because I had it programed but the connectors are color coordinated. The best thing to do is start with the injectors. That way everything will fall into place you cant get them mixed up the length want allow them to get mixed. The head of the bolt broke? That's going to be tricky.. Most likely it was seized due to rust. I would try to heat it and use a reversible drill bit extractor. A lot of guys on the board say removing and installing the engine is easier threw the bottom. I can't really argue with that. Since I have not tried removal from the bottom. I never found the need to. It takes me about 6 hours to get one in and out from the top. Anyway good luck with the broken bolt...