LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Progress on plug change. need some help

Old 09-19-2004, 09:36 PM

Progress on plug change. need some help

Well I threw in 7 of my 8 ngk-tr55 plugs and did half of my taylor wires. IF you don't want to read it there is a summary at the bottom. I need some help finishing the job although the car is running a TON smoother, the "helicopter" sounding idle i had is smooth now, and it pulls like crazy now.

It really wasnt too hard of a job for me, i did 6 of em with no trouble whatsoever and the front passanger one was kind of challenging. I need help getting out the rear passanger one because It is a pain like everyone said. I would like to reach it preferably from the top. Is there anyway to take out the oil dipstick tube because i think i could reach it then.

The wires were easy on the drivers side except i forgot how the back one was routed (I clipped it on something on the right side over the steering column and am wondering if it is ok?) I also did one wire going from the distributer to the coil(or whatever it goes to). I am confused on how i can do any of the passanger side or if they really need to be done at all? I have no clue how i can route them or get at any of the routing. If someone can give me a tip. I also have one wire I dont know where it goes, possible from the coil to something else. I dont know where it goes.

I also am smelling some burning which i am a little worried about after running the car. The wires alll look safe, but idid use some wd40 under my hood on all the joints, bearings, and the steering column , Is it just the wd40 burning up?

Summary:
Need help with getting the passanger side back plug changed.
MAy need to remove oil dipstick thingy
NEed to know how to change any of the wires on the passenger side.
Need tyo know waht to do with my last wire that has two 180 sockets on it.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:41 PM

Re: Progress on plug change. need some help

This is how the left bank plug wires route as stock.

The front side of the right bank.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:58 AM

Re: Progress on plug change. need some help

Thats the hardest plug by far, especially with AC and such. My GF had to help me get at it, but if you just relax and try and get at it when your not frustrated it makes it a whole lot easier. I suggest getting right on top of your engine and reaching at it like that.