LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

PaceSetter Long Tube Headers and magnaflow exhaust kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 09:22 PM

Question PaceSetter Long Tube Headers and magnaflow exhaust kit

Hello again everyone I just got tips and tricks of this fourm about great things to do with my 95 camaro Z28. I do have a question tho that I hope is not repeated. here we go.
I currently have a magnaflow exhaust kit that i saved for a long time to buy installed on the car. i want to get a set of long tube pacesetter headers to go along with it. but i am not sure if i will need to mod anything to get it all to fit or should it all fit like a glove. i know i will need an off road Y pipe I think i know anyways haha. I am fairly new at this modding stuff. Also I would like to keep the car legal for California i plan to move back after school so i want to keep air injection is that good for performance or will it effect it at all?

If this was answered before please redirect me to that post and lets delete this one I looked for answers but cant seem to find straight answers.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Re: PaceSetter Long Tube Headers and magnaflow exhaust kit

This is the link you posted in another thread:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ps...t/model/camaro

If you plan to move to California, you can't use those. First, they have no emissions connections - no AIR, no EGR. Second, long tube headers relocate the cat, making them illegal per Federal regulations, which I am pretty sure California will enforce. You cannot relocate the cat, change the number of cats, or replace a cat that is not certified defective by a qualified mechanic. In CA, the specific replacement cat must be CARB certified for the vehicle.

Then there's the "off-road" Y-pipe. That means no cat(s). Not legal anywhere - not all states do a visual - but they will check in CA. Will fail visual and will fail tailpipe without cats.

Those headers are black paint. I would strongly recommend a cera-metallic coating, which PaceSetter offers. Costs more, but helps keep engine compartment temperature down, reduce/eliminates rusting of the headers, and actually adds a couple HP by keeping the heat in the exhaust gas, which speeds it up and increases scavenging - where the flowing exhaust gas helps pull air/fuel into the combustion chamber during valve overlap.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:44 PM

Re: PaceSetter Long Tube Headers and magnaflow exhaust kit

So best option for Max HP would be the pacesetter 70-1335 ? mid lingth headers because of CA? Of cors to keep smog and all that other stuff.