LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 01:52 AM

OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)

As the OP of this Topic, it has been ages (I know... but rumours of my Death have been Greatly Exaggerated)...since I touched upon the subject of “The Franken-Oiler Machine” as an alternative to having to use the Electric Drill Method on some Early Model V-6 Engines and more particularly to solve the impossible job of pre-oiling the latest crop of engines with hidden Gerotor Oil Pumps. I went through the same Trials and Tribulations I endured (and the readers suffered with) as when I was working on “The FrankInjector Machine” and ultimately… with the same good results in building something that might seem quite over-engineered but which works with such surprising performance and ease of use that all the hard work I put into it was eventually vindicated by what you will see in the attached images.

In a short while… I’ll produce a “Parts and Pieces” list for all of the working components and show some of the sub-assembly building of “The Franken-Framer” superstructure that really came in handy because of its stable and strong design and ease of construction. That part of “The Franken-Oiler Machine” is not absolutely required...but with either metal Washing Machine Adjustable Glides or even with Roller Bearing Wheels mounted on the Four Corners of the device… it makes it easy to roll around after setting up all the “Bits and Baubles and Wands from Olivander’s” like Hagrid told Harry all about on their stroll down Diagon Alley…. and which really “Puts the Music in The Machine” within this Device. By the way… even though I run this off of a very robust 12 VDC Power Supply… it will run just as well via a common 12 Volt Car or Truck Battery. Considering the modest pricing and good availability of the critical components... anyone can build this device and be very pleasantly surprised by its power, reliability, durability and performance.

Anyway… FWIW… Please enjoy:

“The Franken-Oiler Machine” ;>)

Many More Images can be seen here at my Photobucket... Hope this Helps!

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60d...?sort=3&page=1
Attached Thumbnails OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)-dsc07573.jpeg   OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)-dsc07574.jpeg   OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)-dsc07580.jpeg   OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)-dsc07581.jpeg   OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)-dsc07582.jpeg  

OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)-dsc07583.jpeg   OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)-dsc07586.jpeg   OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)-dsc07590.jpeg   OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)-dsc07591.jpeg   OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)-dsc07600.jpeg  

Last edited by rsm93z28; 11-14-2016 at 02:03 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:31 AM

Re: OTV Engine Pre-Oiler Machine (SUCCESS!)

I was looking through all of the Text and Imagery that was the aetiology leading up to the completion of the Final Build of this Pre-Oiler Machine and I realized its complexity in trying to pull things out of it... So as long as it does not break any rules about mentioning other sites and forums... The complete story of how this thing evolved; including how all of the sub-assemblies came into being is available at this link. Eventually, I will transfer the sub-sets of the Imagery over to my Photobucket... but for now... this site has everything else related to the project.

FWIW… there is also much more incidental information about other basic and complex repairs to see and learn about as well that might prove interesting to any automotive enthusiast:

ENGINE SWAP: 2004 for 2002 GM ATLAS 4.2L MOTOR | GMTNation