LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

new guy here! 95 z28 is my baby as of now

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:35 PM

new guy here! 95 z28 is my baby as of now

hello all, ive had my 95 z28 for almost a year now. coming here to hopefully help some people out and receive help as well! as of right now my camaro is all stock besides magnaflow catback that i put on. still sitting on the factory tires and wheels. my american racing torque thrust m wheels and nitto tires just arrived the other day, cant wait to get some more tread underneath her. picked the car up about 9 months ago with 18,000 miles. shes got 22,000 now. dark metallic purple and 6spd. im about to order some long tubes, was going to go with some kooks but i dont think i want to drop that much coin on the headers, looking at the pacesetters with armor coating. plan on getting a k&n cold air intake after the headers are installed. any other mods i should do to get some more power while im at it? might get some 4.10 gears next year, gonna keep the stock for right now. next thing on the list is to get a new sound system in there. ive read i have the bose system, havent actually taken a speaker out to make sure. any information you guys or gals can give me will be greatly appreciated. feel free to say whatever, i know my cars not very fast, my goal is to beat my buddys mach 1
Old 04-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Re: new guy here! 95 z28 is my baby as of now

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!!!

Car sounds fantastic - rare color, low miles, 6-speed. Doesn't get any better than that. Your plans sound good, and by posting questions in the specific tech forms, hopefully you will get the info and help you are looking for.

Good luck with the car!!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the board.

The best (most bang for the buck and without touching the engine) when I forst got my 1994, were a short throw shifter, cold, air, and headers. I first did short tubes which were fine for a stock motor and did not upgrade to long tubes until I finally installed a stroker.

The cold air and shorty headers improved my fuel economy and made the car quicker and faster in the quarter mile.

If I were to do it again, I would delay changing the rear end gears in the stock rear and save the bucks for a 12 bolt.

If you were to add anything to the list of bang for the buck it would be some new roller rockers and a computer tune...

Sounds like you are on the right track!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by bloodsport06
hello all, ive had my 95 z28 for almost a year now. coming here to hopefully help some people out and receive help as well! as of right now my camaro is all stock besides magnaflow catback that i put on. still sitting on the factory tires and wheels. my american racing torque thrust m wheels and nitto tires just arrived the other day, cant wait to get some more tread underneath her. picked the car up about 9 months ago with 18,000 miles. shes got 22,000 now. dark metallic purple and 6spd. im about to order some long tubes, was going to go with some kooks but i dont think i want to drop that much coin on the headers, looking at the pacesetters with armor coating. plan on getting a k&n cold air intake after the headers are installed. any other mods i should do to get some more power while im at it? might get some 4.10 gears next year, gonna keep the stock for right now. next thing on the list is to get a new sound system in there. ive read i have the bose system, havent actually taken a speaker out to make sure. any information you guys or gals can give me will be greatly appreciated. feel free to say whatever, i know my cars not very fast, my goal is to beat my buddys mach 1
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for joining us .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-10-2014, 08:57 AM

Welcome to the forum. Nice Z28 by the way and that is some low miles!

I did Mac mid-length headers, 160 degree stat and Mail order tune from PCMforless. . Nice bang for the buck for sure.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:37 PM

thanks for the replys! put on new wheels and tires yesterday! really enjoying the car now.