LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

New Best @ US. 41

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 11:14 AM

New Best @ US. 41

Well my previous times were 13.8 @ 101mph. This weekend I raced at the MFBA's track rental at U 41 in Morracco, IN. Weather was great except the wind was a little strong. But nothing horrible. Here is the new best. Im pretty happy

RT 0.635
60ft 1.969
330ft 5.611
1/8 Mile ET 8.604
MPH 81.97
1000ft 11.184
1/4 Mile 13.349
MPH 104.39

Ill post the vids of the runs later tonight. Only diffent mods done to the from my previous runs in april were, Delteq Opti-Direct, OBD-I conversion with madz28.com tune, 160 t-stat. Took off .5ths and gained 3mph, hell yea!

I tried to launch harder on my last 3 runs, but ran slower due to bad wheel hop. Not sure if the stock lower contol arms were taken a beating or what, but the wheel hop drove me nuts and couldnt do better then a 2.1 60ft, so called it a day. For next spring im going to for sure invest in a 3000 stall, a couple other folks were running high 12's with the same mph, and cutting 1.7 60ft's. So I feel stupid for not investing in a converter this summer. Im not sure if I was recieving false knock or the opti was acting up, but I noticed the car break up at one point on my last runs at high rpms.

Oh well im happy that Im finally in low 13's with this thing. I know it has 12's in it, with better suspenshion and converter. But I think Im going to ahead and just do the heads and cam over the winter instead of trying to hit 12's on stock cam and heads. But like I said, Im happy. Felt great to get that out of my system

Here are my mods just incase people are wondering.

CAI, 3.73's, OBD-I Conversion w/ madz28.com tune, LT4 KM, 160 T-STAT, Jet-Hot LT's, 2 1/2" True duals, Nitto 555R's, SFC's, STB, SLP Fan Switch.

265 HP SAE 291 TQ SAE (before delteq, tune, and 160 T-STAT)
Old 10-04-2004, 11:21 AM

Re: New Best @ US. 41

Congrats, it always feel good to go out and put up numbers you are happy with Ive had a few days like that, and a few others that i would rather forget, lol.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:27 AM

Thats awesome!!! I wonder which thing was the greatest contributor? How well does your Deltech make the car run?
Old 10-04-2004, 11:34 AM

Well the delteq really woke the car up in the higher rpms. The car aslo responded quicker. IMO the delteq or LTCC are a must for people looking to get the most out of their combo's. Especially people reving past the stock wot shiftpoints.

The car ran really rich, and I believe ION's played an important role in the gains as well. I cant wait to see when gm hightech does a before and after of with Delteq, and without Delteq.

I think im going to purchase the scanmaster soon, sice I did the OBD-I conversion. I would really like to get a clue what the car is doing at WOT etc.

thanks guys,
Mike
Old 10-04-2004, 02:45 PM

Get rid of the nittos and get some bfg or mickey thompson drag radials or even et streets would be better. Good runs though, that tune really woke the car up. get a stall converter and see 12's now
Old 10-04-2004, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by aintno6
Well my previous times were 13.8 @ 101mph. This weekend I raced at the MFBA's track rental at U 41 in Morracco, IN. Weather was great except the wind was a little strong. But nothing horrible. Here is the new best. Im pretty happy

RT 0.635
60ft 1.969
330ft 5.611
1/8 Mile ET 8.604
MPH 81.97
1000ft 11.184
1/4 Mile 13.349
MPH 104.39

Ill post the vids of the runs later tonight. Only diffent mods done to the from my previous runs in april were, Delteq Opti-Direct, OBD-I conversion with madz28.com tune, 160 t-stat. Took off .5ths and gained 3mph, hell yea!

I tried to launch harder on my last 3 runs, but ran slower due to bad wheel hop. Not sure if the stock lower contol arms were taken a beating or what, but the wheel hop drove me nuts and couldnt do better then a 2.1 60ft, so called it a day. For next spring im going to for sure invest in a 3000 stall, a couple other folks were running high 12's with the same mph, and cutting 1.7 60ft's. So I feel stupid for not investing in a converter this summer. Im not sure if I was recieving false knock or the opti was acting up, but I noticed the car break up at one point on my last runs at high rpms.

Oh well im happy that Im finally in low 13's with this thing. I know it has 12's in it, with better suspenshion and converter. But I think Im going to ahead and just do the heads and cam over the winter instead of trying to hit 12's on stock cam and heads. But like I said, Im happy. Felt great to get that out of my system

Here are my mods just incase people are wondering.

CAI, 3.73's, OBD-I Conversion w/ madz28.com tune, LT4 KM, 160 T-STAT, Jet-Hot LT's, 2 1/2" True duals, Nitto 555R's, SFC's, STB, SLP Fan Switch.

265 HP SAE 291 TQ SAE (before delteq, tune, and 160 T-STAT)
Was that you in the red formula that came and talked to me? That thing runs pretty good. My car ran like **** that day, best i could get was a 12.9 @104.3 on a 1.80 60' I guess I did have skinnies last time, just a little disappointed. Oh well cars are moody sometimes.
Nice meeting you, definitely invest in a stall and Ill look into investing in some headers
Old 10-05-2004, 12:12 PM

Well the nittos are faily new. So far I love them. Why would I change them? I though wheel hop is related to the stock suspenshion componets being to weak?

SS Mark,

Yea that was me, who talked to you for a few mins. I got some vids of your car tearing it up down the strip. Once I get them on my pc, and uploaded to the net, I'll shoot you a PM or e-mail with the links.

For the others who are wondering if the delteq is worth it... Like I said I think its a must for anyone looking to get the most out of there combo. Although my opti may be on its way out, I have to say the delteq really gives you that topend you may be missing. I noticed this as soon as I installed it on my car. The car just screams now in the upper rpms. I dont think the opti and coil can be as effictive as the delteq unit.

I would also recommend, Ion. I know that his tune has played a big factor on my cars improvements. Even though its just a bolt-on car.

Mike
Old 10-05-2004, 12:50 PM

ok I guess a 1.9xx 60 aint too bad with your mods......I neglected to read that you were having wheel hop issues with your 2.1 60 foot times. Oh and to be honest I dont think that delteq is helping you any over the optispark unless your revving the motor higher than stock or your old opti was going bad.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:00 PM

I cut the 60 in the sig with nitto's. The wheel hop thing is terrible isn't it.....i have stock control arms and everything and it won't hook it.....except for a couple 60's like in the sig. The Nittos are denifantely not a way to get consistant results.....it pissed me off last time i was at the track....it's time for my Nittos to go when i get to the track....they are good for the street though as I watch the take-off with the 3200 stall.

I still want to know if you can fit an e.t. street on these salad shooters....and what size is near stock.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:02 PM

ok I guess a 1.9xx 60 aint too bad with your mods......I neglected to read that you were having wheel hop issues with your 2.1 60 foot times. Oh and to be honest I dont think that delteq is helping you any over the optispark unless your revving the motor higher than stock or your old opti was going bad.
Yea i think he's talking his opti was going out. My delteg system really woke my car up to---because 4500 and up was almost non-existant with the opti that was in it. So i think he's saying in his particular case it made the much difference, as was the case with my car.....cause you don't just go buy a 600 dollar ignition system if you have a perfectly good opti.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:37 AM

Yea you can run e.t. streets on your stock salad shooter wheels. They sell 26x10.5x16 and 26x11.5x16 according to some sites. Only problem that I heard is the added tire height effects your shift rear end ratio or somthing like that.

Yea I think the opti was acting up, or the coil was. Because the delteq made a noticeable difference in the topend. I guess I didnt think there was a problem with the opti, because the car didnt seem to loose any power at any point.

Well thanks for all the tips guys. If I could do it all over again I would of ran with a 1/4 tank of gas, and less pressure in the tires. I think it could of shaved off a tenth or two. But I'm happy with my numbers. Because before I installed my longtube headers the car was runing 13.8's. And then I went back to the track with the headers and true duals, and ran the same 13.8's except I gained 2 mph. So I was like WTF!!!!!

So after the tuning and delteq, its a great feeling to see the perform where it should be for the combo and setup I have. I plan on going back to the dyno to see what the car is making since I added the delteq and madz28.com tuning. Once I do, I'll post back.

Thanks Again,
Mike
Old 10-06-2004, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by atljar
Congrats, it always feel good to go out and put up numbers you are happy with Ive had a few days like that, and a few others that i would rather forget, lol.
My life story! Congrat's on the new best... The air's getting better.. time's can only go down!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by aintno6
Yea you can run e.t. streets on your stock salad shooter wheels. They sell 26x10.5x16 and 26x11.5x16 according to some sites. Only problem that I heard is the added tire height effects your shift rear end ratio or somthing like that.
Doesn't effect your shift points. Just messes with your speedo.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:39 PM

Well your sift tables are all mainly based upon your mph. So if your car is registuring the wrong mph, then your shiftpoints are off. This happend when I switched from 2.73's to 3.73's.

Mike