Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 Powertrain Discussion > LT1 Based Engine Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2003, 02:51 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to firebirdslickg
MAP Sensor Questions (relating to my starting issues)

Very, Very, Bizarre. I tried unplugging the MAP sensor and my car started right up, of course that's giving a service engine light, but before it was unplugged, it wouldn't start...does this MAP sensor make a difference or is it coincidental?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
firebirdslickg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 06:19 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to kudah440
Ok, maybe I've seen your starting problem posts, or not, but what is the problem? I'm bothering everyone I see about my starting problems too, but I tried replacing the MAP sensor (just because its extra easy) and had no change, I'll play the no-sensor game when I start beating on it again tonight. hope to find something too...
93 Z28
00 Mustang conv
kudah440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 06:38 PM   #3

If the MAP sensor is unplugged, the pcm will calculate MAP. Using a scanner is the best way to tell what the MAP sensor is doing.
shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 07:38 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to firebirdslickg
Well, the problem is the car has been getting harder and harder to start over the last few weeks. Today, the problem came to a head when the car wouldn't start this morning, it just kept turning and popping. For 5 hours I went out and tried to start it, no starting. So about 1:00, I unplugged the MAP sensor and the car fired up...I don't know if it's coincidental or what. But then I plugged back in the MAP sensor and the car has still been firing up since. The car is running very rough, however and I'm in no rush to drive it anywhere until I know this problem is diagnosed.
firebirdslickg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:42 PM   #5

just .02, but you might have a bad spark plug or two.
RENE95Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 01:12 AM   #6

Cool

I just went through this last week.It seems it's the wires and the connector(green thing)that goes bad.I got a new harness leading up the map sensor,and everything works fine for now.Hope this helps.
93 Formula,102000mi,cold air,msd 8.5,ngk tr55's,A4 firestone firehawks sz50ep's high flow cat,flowmaster 3 chamber, quakerstate high performance 10-30 ac delco oil filter, 180 thermo,le bellows,tb bypass,gm coil,red with chrome wheels.
Fatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:46 PM   #7

Where did you get the harness thing (green thing)?

http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/96zrdrweb
96ZRDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:46 PM

Reply Post New Thread