LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Magna-spark

Old 03-21-2014, 04:37 PM

Magna-spark

Hello all, I am entering the final stages of prototyping a 1X sensor for the LTX platform. it will be a modified OPTI-SPARK distributor, If all goes well with testing I will retain the "Distributor" High voltage section as well.. this mod will allow you to remain Stock LOOKING but switch to the 411 ECU. in 4X mode with sequential operation. it may even work with 24X not sure yet. here is the discussion and the twists and turns to get to here. reluctor fabrication - LS1TECH.

Last edited by tinbender59; 03-21-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:52 PM

Re: Magna-spark

well Dang it the name magna-spark has allredy been used. gotta come up with something else!!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:23 PM

Here are some ideas
X-Spark
Opti-X
Spark-X
Magna-X
Opti-Mag

Good luck with your product.

Also i was reading your topic and figured i would share my input. First off if you plan on getting a patent for the product that must be a priority and the idea must not be openly discussed on a forum. I know making a break thru in something can be exciting and you wanna share but others will rip the idea right out from under you.
The next thing i would do is draw up some blue prints and configure all angles and measurements. Once you know everything on blueprint is correct contact a machinist that specializes in moldings. From there you would have a injection mold specially made for your product. Next step would be to find a small molding business and put some into production. I have personally never put anything into production but know these are some of the main steps to produce fabricated products. As for prices and cost to do this may vary from who you deal with. If you are short on cash your best bet would be to find investors for your product(maybe a wealthy camaro enthusiasts?) It can be a long and hard process to make happen but can really pay off if your product sells good.

Brian

94 Z28 4l60e. Reworked heads ported and polished. Cam 3" catback flowmasters. And common bolt ons.

Last edited by 4th Gen 4 Life; 03-22-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by 4th Gen 4 Life
Here are some ideas
X-Spark
Opti-X
Spark-X
Magna-X
Opti-Mag

Good luck with your product.

Also i was reading your topic and figured i would share my input. First off if you plan on getting a patent for the product that must be a priority and the idea must not be openly discussed on a forum. I know making a break thru in something can be exciting and you wanna share but others will rip the idea right out from under you.
The next thing i would do is draw up some blue prints and configure all angles and measurements. Once you know everything on blueprint is correct contact a machinist that specializes in moldings. From there you would have a injection mold specially made for your product. Next step would be to find a small molding business and put some into production. I have personally never put anything into production but know these are some of the main steps to produce fabricated products. As for prices and cost to do this may vary from who you deal with. If you are short on cash your best bet would be to find investors for your product(maybe a wealthy camaro enthusiasts?) It can be a long and hard process to make happen but can really pay off if your product sells good.

Brian

94 Z28 4l60e. Reworked heads ported and polished. Cam 3" catback flowmasters. And common bolt ons.

Brian you are correct, but I don'tknow if there is enough demand for this to warrent a $50k+ investment plus time, court, bla, bla, bla. LOL it would be nice though.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:47 PM

how does Magna-TronX sound?? getting closer, it is assembled, rotates freely with great clearance, wating on electronic parts, then take the truck down and install the beast for testing, looks like I'll get to make a dyno run with it as well
Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 AM

Sounds very familiar...lol. I believe Ive been following this on another site between u and ur part designer.

LTXtech.com is my DRUG!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:20 PM

yup yup yup
Old 09-22-2014, 06:27 PM

Long time no post!! it has been a rough summer, I'll just leave it there. I have the prototype built, and ready for install, which should start this comming weekend. I have quite a few repairs/mods to do at the same time, so I'm guessing possable 2 to 4 weeks before actual field trials start. stay tuned
Old 10-24-2014, 11:10 PM

The long awaited time is here! The MagnaTronX Is assembled, bench tested, and ready to install. I do still have to build a small circuit to protect the ECU inputs, basically what I used on the test bench.
As stated in the other thread, the plan is to have it running on the MagnaTronX by the end of next weekend, the only problem I see is if the reluctor is on the wrong Cycle, or out of time, but really that is as simple as making a new reluctor. This is why I’ll be using the water pump spacer that Chris has so gracefully supplied; I’ll get pictures of this as it goes together. .
The LT1 has the TPI holes drilled and tapped in the heads, this is to fix a really ugly fubar with the first TPI lower. Cam is going in, in the morning and then reassembly starts.
I am also going to research a better seal for the water pump drive in the timing chain cover, I don’t know about you all but mine leaks bad. It is a pretty poor excuse for a seal IMO, I want to find a double lip seal. I know that there should be something out there, heck!! Motorcycles use seals that are smaller than these???
Lastly, does anyone know how to get CMP/CKP offset reading in EFILive? This will be quite helpful in the testing phase of the MagnaTronX.__________________

in case you did not know, the motor blew 2 Ignition control moduals in a week so I decided it was time to Git-R-Done.

Last edited by tinbender59; 10-24-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:27 PM
Administrator

I wonder how many readers even know what a "411 ECU" is........
Old 10-25-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
I wonder how many readers even know what a "411 ECU" is........
google is your friend!!!
Old 10-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Administrator

I know what it is. But I suspect there are many others that do not. You have to know your audience.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
I know what it is. But I suspect there are many others that do not. You have to know your audience.
true verry true
Old 10-27-2014, 06:35 PM

cam/lifters are in, changing Valve springs and seals tomorrow AM, maybe get the lower intake bolted back on?? still have some mods to do to it. the ECU buffer prototype is assembled, ( it is small enough to fit inside the opti housing with the sensor). should have it mounted tomorrow as well. moving slowly, but it is moving.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:03 PM

I was able to get the buffer connected to the sensor, and tested the complete circuit, it does work!!! the work continues

Search this Thread