LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Mad Dog Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor

Cool Mad Dog Transmissions

We are having a HUGE sale of transmissions! Everything you can think of...

700R4's
4L60E
4L65E
4L80E
TH350
TH400

Call us at 770-781-0949!

Use the promo code of: Mad dog Lou to receive a discount!

Remember the transmission is only as good as the builder, even if you are using all top of the line components. There is a lot more than just exchanging parts when remanufacturing a transmission. I have been rebuilding high performance, racing and daily driver transmissions for over 26 years and I am a man with integrity. One thing for sure, you will not be disappointed. We are always available to provide technical assistance to help ensure that we setup the right transmission and torque converter for your application.

We build bulletproof transmissions! It is critical that we know how you are running your vehicle and the needs you have for your application. If you're running nitrous, superchargers or turbo-chargers, please be sure to give us this information. We cannot setup the right transmission for your application without this information.

Please contact me for a professional consultation regarding your needs. We are happy to provide you with references both here in the United States and Internationally. Be sure to check out our website at www.maddogtransmissions.com ! Hear what our customers and fans say on our Facebook Page at Mad Dog Transmissions | Facebook ! We also accept orders over the phone. Be sure to contact us and we will recommend the correct transmission for your application. For your convenience, we accept all major credit and debit cards. We also accept PayPal.

Thank You,
Mad Dog Lou!

MAD DOG TRANSMISSIONS

Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Web: www.maddogtransmissions.com
Facebook:Mad Dog Transmissions | Facebook
Twitter:Louis Koulouvaris (@MadDogLou) on Twitter
YouTube:MadDogTransmissions - YouTube
Attached Thumbnails Mad Dog Transmissions-picture-001.jpg   Mad Dog Transmissions-picture-030.jpg   Mad Dog Transmissions-picture-020.jpg   Mad Dog Transmissions-picture-153.jpg  
Old 05-05-2012, 01:18 PM

Re: Mad Dog Transmissions

FBody.com Message Board - mad dog transmissions
Old 07-19-2014, 06:03 PM

Re: Mad Dog Transmissions

On (2- -14) I purchased a 4L60E on Ebay from a company called Maddog Transmissions. I paid instantly through PayPal and the transmission arrived at my shop approximately 10 days later. MDT claimed on the site that all transmissions were tested and put on a dyno before leaving their shop. When the transmission was pulled off the carrier (R&L Carriers) we immediately noticed the sound of something rolling around in the transmission. Before taking the Trans off the pallet I placed a call to MDT and was transferred to Elliot. Elliot told me there was no way that could happen unless it was the carriers mishandling of the unit, he said all units are tested before they leave the shop. I told him I was not going to install this unit with the sound of parts moving around in the pan. Elliot pleaded with me to remove the pan and assured me this would not void the warranty. I proceeded to remove the pan and I found two bolts that were never screwed in place. When I removed the pan I found something else that bothered me, a dry transmission. All parts appeared to be replaced and new seals, gaskets and everything was clean, but how do you dyno a transmission and keep it dry? I sent pictures to Elliot and Lou of the bolts and dry Trans and Lou confirmed the Transmission was never tested due to a problem with the dyno. I was asked to install the bolts, pan and the Trans and test it. I was hesitant to install the 60 given this is a labor intensive job, but none the less I thought everyone deserves a shot. I installed the Trans the very next day and filled the fluids and started the engine. After letting the fluid warm to temp and capping off the fluids I ran the selector through the gears to find I had no first and no drive. I pulled out the scanner and found some codes and called MDT. Lou told me given the code info he felt it was the wiring harness in the Trans had a short and could send me one at no cost if I could install it. At this time I’m very frustrated, but keep my composure and refused to work on a guaranteed/ warrantied item. Call MDT again and they said I needed to arrange shipment back to their shop @ Cummings Ga. After about a week R & L carriers arrived at my shop to pick up the transmission. I called MDT and talked with the owner Lou about the issues and wanted to make sure I got a quality Trans and did not want to go through this again. I told Lou I would pay extra for their top 4L60E if he would assure me it would not have any issues. I ended up upgrading on the phone and sending more cash through PayPal. Several days later I received their Level 4 4L60E that was rated at 800 hp. Installed the trans and it seemed to shift good and felt fine for about 15 hard runs then it started over shifting. The tune was set to shift at 5800 RPM in all gears and was hitting as high as 7200RPM on some runs do to slippage. I called MDT and was transferred to Elliot. Elliot told me I need to check out all the wiring that I may have a problem on my end. I assured him I didn’t have an issue on my end and the Transmission wasn’t doing this on every run. Elliot wanted me to change the Trans filter and fluid so I reluctantly did with no change. After another week of revving to the moon during shifts I decided to call again, Elliot wanted me to check to make sure my Trans cooler was not stopped up, so I did this and flow was fine. I then emailed my concerns to MDT wanting an acknowledgment and a written copy saying they would fix this issue. After about a week I finally got it in writing, they said they had been moving to a new shop in Cummings GA and this was the reason for no email replies. I then pulled the Trans and contacted R& L carriers to put another $166 bucks in their pockets to take the Trans back to MDT. I waited several days to get the repaired Trans back form MDT with Elliot’s word that it would be tested and ready to roll. I received the Trans on a Thursday and installed it that night (getting rather good at the install at this point). The truck was still sitting on the stand where I removed the other over shifting 60, no changes to anything. After warming the motor and Trans with fluids capped off I proceed to go through the gears, guess what?? I have no first gear and no drive, transmission number three is just like transmission number one. I rechecked everything, no codes this time, just missing these gears. Friday morning I called MDT and was transferred to Elliot again. Elliot got really loud and stated that I have an electrical issue and need to take my truck somewhere and get it checked out. I proceeded to tell him I’m not some young kid that you need to yell at, I’m 48 and have been building hotrods for 25+ years. He continued to tell me that the trans was tested so if there is a problem it’s mine and he’s pretty much done with me. I continued to try to talk sensible to him as he yelled. I asked him if I could ship this back and just have him send me a TH400, provided it would shift correctly I would no longer contact MDT. He said if I would put it in writing he would agree to that. I later received an email from their secretary stating I have had three transmissions with the same problem and all three were tested by MDT and wanted me to agree to that. I told them I would not agree to that as it was untrue and I have every email exchange that’s ever transpired between us and can prove all that I say. The following day Lou sent an email stating the transmission was not tested this time as well (he was truthful concerning the testing of his transmissions). After we worked out the exchange we shipped the Trans back to Cummings Ga through R&L carriers (Driver knows me by name as well as MDT if you know what I mean). The day I took the Trans out and put it in the bed of my personal vehicle it was raining, I had no way to cover the Trans and knew water would get in the Trans but had no choice. When the transmission arrived at MDT Elliot called me yelling at the top of his lungs stating he knew what had happened the transmission, that I had ruined it because my radiator was leaking into it. I assured him the fluid that came from Trans was perfect and the converter fluid was perfect and had only been driven a mile or less. This conversation went on for a while trying to place blame on me. After a few hours I received another irate call from Elliot telling me his builder said there was no way the water could have gotten in some of the areas by being in a rain storm. I assured him I drove 9 miles in some of the hardest rain I’ve been in for a while and I did not have any coolant leaks. I told them to test for ethylene glycol and he found any I’d eat the complete expense; his comeback was I was probably running straight water. I assured him this is my personal vehicle and I drive it everywhere and am very picky and do not run plane water ever. We agreed to proceed with the deal. After a week of calling I can only reach the secretary. Asked for Lou…..(not here) Asked for Elliot……..(not here) As for Dale…….(not here) and a few days later I finally reach Elliot. He assures me my new TH400 transmission is being built to replace the 60 and it will be sent out soon. I received an email from Jenifer saying the Trans will be sent out the following day finally on June 30th and then on another day 9 days later saying it will ship out. It’s 7/10/14 and I still don’t have a th400 to replace the 60. I’ve had 4 transmissions from MDT and only one has worked and that was for very few runs. I have been dealing with MDT and shipping transmissions for almost the complete year of 2014. I finally received the TH400 that Elliot was bragging about, the first lie was the converter was another stock 12” (every converter I ever got from them was stock dia and stock stall) Elliot had promised me a 10” ABP converter. I took the trans to a local shop to see if the parts fit the description of Lou’s add and guess what, it was a worn out piece of junk painted up to look real nice. If I had ran the Trans it would have broken just like the other 4. Anyone who continues to sell junk to a customer, who has been through this kind of trauma, does not classify as stand up guy. If Lou needs money this bad maybe he should get a real job. I know Lou will have his side of the story as I see his post on every forum, but I just wanted all my fellow builders and racers to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you don’t purchase a Trans from this company. He has been reported to the BBB and has moved from state to state under different company names and still his reputation follows him. Thousands of dollars and many hrs wrenching on my truck and I should have a good Trans soon. It will have a Mad Dog case, but that’s about all.