Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 Powertrain Discussion > LT1 Based Engine Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2003, 12:40 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to 95z28 -quicksilver Send a message via MSN to 95z28 -quicksilver
Lt4 hotcam and Supercharger, good combo?

I am planing on getting a supercharger for the old LT1. I remember reading that my LT4 hotcam works well with either spray or a supercharger. I dont remember which one though. Also i would like to know what kind of superchargers you guys are running. Thanks.

Chris
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
95z28 -quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 12:57 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Izod
The hot cam is a good all around cam for many aplications. I mean it would work - but for the best out of your machine you should have a cam matched to your setup.
SLP LM, GM/SLP CAI, Jet-Hot LTs w/ coated Y, hiflow cat, 1LE Bow, LT4KM, 160* Stat, Custom Programming, Kenwood MP3 Deck, RF Fntc Q Compents, 2 10" JL 3Ws, Viper 550esp. >>> DEAD <<< 2003 Acura RSX TypeS
Izod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 12:59 PM   #3
BPS

it's not the ideal blower cam but a number of us run it and it works well enough, I think if your looking for <6# boost it's fine - if your building a serious blower setup>12# you will want a blower cam.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:44 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to 95z28 -quicksilver Send a message via MSN to 95z28 -quicksilver
Quote:
<6# boost it's fine
Thats all i wanted to know. It wont be a serious amount of boost. Just your normal setup. 6#'s. Which supercharger would be the best to go with? Vortech or procharger? There are so many to choose from i am just looking for a little guidance. Some pros and cons would be nice. Thanks.

Chris
Old 08-14-2003, 03:52 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to simple
i would recommend a innercooled procharger, much safer to run than a hot air setup or aftercooler on the street, but plan on rebuilding sometime in the future if you're still on the stock short block
Old 08-14-2003, 04:26 PM   #6

A friend of mine (blownbird01) is running the Hotcam and an intercooled-Procharger with 12 lb pullies. He ran a 11.77 at 119 if I'm not mistaken, on a hot day, with a decent (not perfect) 60'. The car is a beast.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:31 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by john97z28
A friend of mine (blownbird01) is running the Hotcam and an intercooled-Procharger with 12 lb pullies. He ran a 11.77 at 119 if I'm not mistaken, on a hot day, with a decent (not perfect) 60'. The car is a beast.
John, I took a peek at the link to your car that is in your signature. Who makes the hood that you have on your car? I've seen other cowl hoods, but it just seems like the cowl is way too thin. That one looks great! Also, how was the fit/finish of it? Price?
Dan Oldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:09 PM   #8

It says it is a 2" Harwood cowl hood in the description. That is really a very sharp looking hood though....
Old 08-14-2003, 08:23 PM   #9

Yeah i like it too. I always did like the look of the cowl induction.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Oldham
John, I took a peek at the link to your car that is in your signature. Who makes the hood that you have on your car? I've seen other cowl hoods, but it just seems like the cowl is way too thin. That one looks great! Also, how was the fit/finish of it? Price?
Harwood makes it, I bought it through a Performance Shop who ordered it through Summit. It was around $500 shipped to my door. I had a friend paint and fit the hood. On the passenger side the hood doesn't follow the line of the fender "perfectly", it is a little lower than the fender in one spot. Otherwise, I'm very pleased with it. Thanks for the commments.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:54 AM

Reply Post New Thread