LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Injector size?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 09:23 PM

Re: Injector size?????

Originally Posted by Houdini
I'm running my stock injectors at 390 rwhp.......... think they might be maxed out.

just a tad bit
Old 09-15-2004, 09:51 PM

just to add
the 93s had 22# injectors and 94-97 had 24# iirc
they switched on the ls1 though, started big (28# in 98) and went with 26# for 99-02
Old 09-15-2004, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by TransAm-Z
My target is about 375 FWHP I think that's about all I'll see with the stock manifolds. So if I run the 24 lb injectors to break the motor in... how is this gonna effect me? I just don't get a good grasp on what a reprogramed engine will do? Will the injectors be fine for lower RPM's and lean out at high RPM's or will it lean out through the entire range?
Using
http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm
It would suggest 30# injectors. If you monitor the engine with datamaster I think you will find the duty cycle getting over 80% with 24# injectors. I'm sure they will work, but I think the engine will get better dyno results with the 30# injectors. I assumed 42 lb fuel rail.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by 97Z-M6
seeing that your name is ws6XXXXXX and they didnt make the ws6 until after 93 that i know of. that means you have 24# injectors stock. and they will support 340rwhp. and you also need to know what kind the new injectors are and what they are flowed at. becuase if they are 25# at 50 psi they would acctually be smaller than your stock 24# so you need to know what your buying, and the pcm will not correct for different size injectors. and you could possiblly ruin your engine.

sounds like a waste of money for 25# injectors but its your money.
well after talking to the guys at SLP (who also say that stock for my 96 is 19#) the ones they sell are LS1 take-offs. There was another guy that just installed these same ones in his car and said it made a noticible running difference. Im not pushing alot more than stock so I dont need all out injectors, mostly just a little better than stock, they have alot of miles and their time has come, and for the price, no biggie. Also called Bryan at pcmforless, he agrees these injectors are fine, so they're in the mail. Will let yall know how it turns out. Thanks for all the input.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:17 AM

got news for you in this case slp dont know what the he11 there talking about, 93 had 22# and everything after that untill 98 had 24#. and who ever said that putting ls1 injector in a lt1 fbody made a noticable difference, is lying plan and simple. he dont want to say he wasted money. injectors are not a performance mod nor will injectors make the car feel faster. if i have cam and heads on a lt1 with 42# injectors and it runs fine and doesnot have a duty cycle over say 90%, putting 50# injectors will not have any affect on the car, it already has enough fuel. if it already has enough fuel the pcm will not call for more, but the use of 42# could be usefull later for futher mods

do a little research and you will learn that your car from the factory has 24# injectors.

the ls1 injectors are so close to the stock 24# in your car, you wont have to reprogram the pcm for them. and i bet slp told you that you wouldnt have to reprogram the pcm for as well. and the reason is, is because theres hardly any difference, and if you had 19# and put 25# you would have to reprogram the pcm to keep from running rich.

oh and the reason bryan at pcmforless said they would be ok, is because ther is no ned to reprogram the car becase the injectors are almost identical and he wont have to reprogram, becuase he knows your car has 24# injectors.

just trying to save some money, but since you already have them on the way, oh well.maybe someone at a later date will re this thread and get use out of it.

Last edited by 97Z-M6; 09-16-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:25 AM

hey who did you talk to at slp (got a name) i want to call him and tell him he is an idiot. give me a name and i will call him.

but i do understand you changing them because of miles, that totaly makes sence,
Old 09-16-2004, 01:05 PM

With 351rwhp my injectors are seeing a duty cycle of 93% @WOT. I really need to get some 36# sprayers before the heads get ported and n2o goes in...
Old 09-16-2004, 01:16 PM

This thread is cracking me up.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by 97Z-M6
hey who did you talk to at slp (got a name) i want to call him and tell him he is an idiot. give me a name and i will call him.

but i do understand you changing them because of miles, that totaly makes sence,
This thread went crazy, see how 1 simple question can go a whole nother direction? Think i really stirred some emotions in some people. Oh BTW, I talked to Joey (or something close to that, ext.121), he said they were way overkill for my motor, even though it wouldnt need reprogramming, even though I said the programming was coming anyway and mine just flat out had alot of miles. The biggest reason I want to do this is just the massive tune up Im doin on the car. Lets see how much longer this thread can go, and let us know if you really call him, That'll be great.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
This thread went crazy, see how 1 simple question can go a whole nother direction? Think i really stirred some emotions in some people. Oh BTW, I talked to Joey (or something close to that, ext.121), he said they were way overkill for my motor, even though it wouldnt need reprogramming, even though I said the programming was coming anyway and mine just flat out had alot of miles. The biggest reason I want to do this is just the massive tune up Im doin on the car. Lets see how much longer this thread can go, and let us know if you really call him, That'll be great.

this is exacly whatim talking about they are amost identical thats why he said you wouldnt need a tune for them and the are not overkill. what is the number you called i see the ext. but what number

its pretty sad when a company like slp has people selling car part and dont know craP about the car the parts go on. thats what pisses me off about this. youcant even depend on the people that sell the stuff anymore.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:00 PM

Its 732-349-2109, but I think they are closed for today. One more thing, when I ordered them he was like Im gonna hook you up with a free catalog, so I was like OK, cool. Was over at the site a minute ago, its $3 if you order a catalog, but its refunded with your first purchase, so that means I didnt really get "hooked up" with it. This just became way too entertaining. But on a plus note, I have bigger injectors than I thaught, thats a cool feeling .
Let us know what happens...man, I cant get this smile off my face, this is amusing.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:16 AM

So did we ever get our phone call made to SLP?
Old 09-19-2004, 05:31 PM

This is funny!! A #24 to a #25.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
So did we ever get our phone call made to SLP?

yes i did and they said he was out on personal bussiness he would be back tuesday. so ill let you know what he says. i called on fri, but i will call again on tuesday, ill keep you posted.

did you get the injectors.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:05 PM

dont have them yet, but they should be here sometime this week along with some other various goodies I ordered.
Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Injector size?????