LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

HEY im back need help! just shipped her to chile!

Old 09-29-2004, 04:39 PM

HEY im back need help! just shipped her to chile!

hey i just got back my baby from the us to chile.
the last thing i did was a full tune up (opti too). but when i got her back she was missing the hurst shifter **** well anyway the prob is that shes bogging and i have a vibration comming from the tranny. is almost like if my opti was going out again. i also noticed i had a hose from the water pump loose and was dripping coolant. can this be my opti again?
can this just be from the car not being driven in 3 month?
let me explain a little more.
when i start i shift to 1st gear and its fine but lets say im going 60 and i shift to 6th gear and floor it . the car starts bogging on me and so i shift back to 5th and sometimes it still boggs.
well i think i have bogging in low rpms. i used to have a high rpm miss that is fixed now from the opti and coil. but what can thihs be.
i replaced fuel filter, cleaned injectors etc..
all it seems to be having is a bad opti but can this be something else. and if its the opti if i replace it will it solve the prob for long? i miss having my can in great performance condition plz help me.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:39 PM

Re: HEY im back need help! just shipped her to chile!

plz help me
Old 09-29-2004, 11:56 PM

Pretty sure you just have a burnt wire or bad plug somewhere. Same exact thing happened to me when I installed headers. Ended up one of the boots on the plug was arching but it would only misfire when the motor was under heavy load.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:59 AM

well i dont have a garage anymore i live in an apartment so if i take it to a dealer what should i ask for them to do?
this should be covered by my insurance if not ill just pay for it. im sick of this problem.
thanks anymore comments?
Old 09-30-2004, 01:01 AM

the problem is that it doesnt missfire i guess i dont hear anything is like if im going on second gear and cruising and suddenly i floor it the car will bog and then pull ok but sometimes the bogging is more serious. thanks
Old 09-30-2004, 01:07 PM

help plz! im really full of this crap.
i miss having my car stock with no probs. it only has 55k miles please make an effort and help me.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:15 PM

My car exhibited the same symtoms (bogging), just prior to the Opti failure, like you described.
Coolant leaking could be your opti's problem, however, I would eliminate the "easy to check" things first. Plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, vaccum leaks ect.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:48 PM

thanks, how did u fix it? my opti has like 500 miles on it but some coolant probly got there.
how can i check vacuum leaks? and to check plugs and wires i just do the dark place kjinda check?
thanks
Old 10-01-2004, 03:07 PM

If you are going 60 in 6th gear and the car starts to bog or shake but then clears up if you shift down to 5th or 4th then you have a burnt plug wire or bad spark plug. Im not making a guess here.. I am telling you what your problem is. That is if you are experiencing just what I described.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:32 PM

the man is right, fix your burnt plug wire. Mine has done the same thing 3-4 different times, every time a new set of plug wires installed, no more problem.
I have a new set of plugs in the garage waiting to be installed now actually, thanks to letting a shop route my plug wires
if you have headers, or even if you dont if a plug wire hits anything hot, it will make those symptoms.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:16 PM

maybe thats it cuz i did the tuneup my self recently! i guess my routing stills suck! thanks a lot so how can i make sure that a shop will replace wires properly? also should i change 02 sensors? my car has 55k miles and original sensors. maybe when they do wires they should go ahead and change sensors