LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

help quickly w/ electrical neon light problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 12:51 PM

Unhappy help quickly w/ electrical neon light problem

Ok I have a bit of a problem here. I have two neon lights under my seats. and they turn on by a way of a switch. You have ur positive lead, ur negative lead with a turn on lead, and a battery lead. All fed into a switch that lights up.

Anyways, my girlfriend was moving it around to adjust her seat, cuz it was in the way...it turns out, something happend and smoke came about... so I quickly shut them off.

I looked at it today and the light that she touched, the postive lead melted itself into the negative lead, which prob caused the smoke

ANYWAYS, i cant get the lights to work now anymore. I never hooked up a fuse to the system either.

The lights do work though, cuz I hooked them right up to the battery under the hood and they light up.

What could be the problem?!?! I checked all fuses in the glove box and under the car. Everythign is fine..
uggg
Old 09-07-2003, 01:00 PM

you know you're going to get **** for this....

WHY THE **** DO YOU HAVE NEONS IN A CAMARO!?

just thought i'd start the bashing
Old 09-07-2003, 02:00 PM

I shall continue the bashing by saying that neons of any sort, anywhere, on any car are ridiculously pathetic. They are only for D heads that need something to look at when they are D'ed up.

Back to the problem, a wire could have melted somewhere or the switch is bad. That's all I can think of.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:04 PM

well theres no need for bashing because its not ur car and really not ur business. I like it, and everyone who rides in my ride likes it.

Anyways, back to the problem folks...
Old 09-07-2003, 02:19 PM

Cool

Check to make sure the switch isn't FUBAR. I hooked up some fans on a buddies car and the switch went to crap and melted in my hand. Ouch ! Get another switch

I like neons if they are done correctly. My white car looks quite ghostly rolling down the road on a foggy night with 2 very small neons

BTW, fuse EVERYTHING !!! An inline fuse is cheap and is a guarantee you won't f' much up

-Shannon