LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Getting a Magnaflow Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 07:36 PM

Re: Getting a Magnaflow Exhaust

Not 100% sure about this but was scanning my car the other day and it was pretty rich on the 02..not wideband but still it seemed doggy so leaned it out and think now the exhaust is not as loud.Might be in my head..
Also buddy has borla,no cats and long tubes and 274 extreme energy cam I think and his car is quiet at idle and not that loud at all even floored..weird..must be the cam.Hear his brothers borla with no cats and mac headers and stock cam and its very annoying loud.And talking with borla fully closed.They have electric cutout plates.
Anyway see how it goes with the vert.Appreciate if you could find some part numbers for those tips and the make of them.I have no autozone up here but if new the brand and number could special order or phone around.Might have to get some from mailorder not sure if autozone ships or has a website or anything like that..guess could do a search..
Old 09-24-2004, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by gt_biker13
When you do get them let me know how they sound. I have a 95 Z28 vert too (black) but the stock is just a little quiet for a V8
Do you have a site for your car?
Well put it on today and i LOVE the exhaust! For stainless and the $$ it was an awsome buy.

City driving is a blast, roars when you want it to (when you get on it above 2k rpm). Otherwise it's quiet at idle. Highway is also very nice as well, just cruising there's no drone, but when you step on it it comes to life quite nicely This was all done with the top down, and I found it to be just perfect and not obnoxiously loud. Ie, i won't be getting any sound tickets unless I decided to be mega stupid and blast off right infront of a cop.

Flooring it from a stop is fantastic! It sounds very very agressive. Of course my opinions are only based on the stock exhaust i had before. It's like night and day!

As for SOTP, I sorta could feel it, but wasn't a huge difference. The car felt faster because it sounded faster I think SOTP isn't the best of guages anyways for higher rpm power.

I can't wait till the sound "matures" over the next 1000 mi (well thats what i've read in some posts anyways). Apparently it sounds deeper and a bit louder after driving it a while

Stock Exhaust Manifolds w/ stock cat.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:42 PM

Congrats on the new upgrade & sound of your ride. I've had my magnaflow cat., catback and magnaflow box tips installed for about 6 months now (Red '94 Z-vertible) and I think it keeps sounding better all the time.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:48 PM

i love my magnaflow catback. i plan on getting a carsound high flow cat soon (magnaflow) and also my cutout put on so i hope it will be louder and sound good too. i love the way it sounds now. it is loud to me at least, i get very many compliments on it. it sounds different when ur in the car and outside. outside its loud as hell and inside its loud but not until u really hit 2k but thats with any exhaust. i love it. its deep as hell and rumbles like nothing else. plus rasp isnt a lot on it either. u will love it especially when u break it in. to me, mine got a lil bit louder and deeper after about a week or 2 of driving. sweet!