LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Camaro guys unite

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 08:45 PM

Camaro guys unite

I have parked my car for some time and I am finally at a point in my life that I can dust it off and take it to the next level. I started doing some research tonight to get back into the know on what new cars are running. I was on a website camaro5 and was reading a lengthy post on how they are about dead even track time wise with the LS1 Camaros. Then I read how the 5th gen guys are saying they would be ashamed to be beaten by a 4th gen??? To me this makes no sense. The older cars should be faster as the guys can sink cash into them without having a car payment. Besides, Camaro guys need to unite and poke fun at ricers and mustangs, not go swinging on fellow Camaro guys because they have a newer car. Am I missing something or has the world changed in the last few years?
Old 10-11-2015, 11:59 PM

Re: Camaro guys unite

Money buys speed,it's as simple as that.But for me,I'm happy just to have a stop light winner with a few bolt-on's,and have a nice riding and good looking car.I could buy a new Camaro or Challanger tomorrow,but what would that do for me?$500 to $600 a month car payments,God knows what the insurance would be,only to be the big dog on the block.I'm happy with a beautiful car,paid for,registration just paid $92.00 and car insurance with full coverage $500. a year.After all it is a sports car and it still gets attention where ever I go.(Besides,I can still do a tiny bit of work on the car myself,and the parts are cheap.)Here is an example.I went to a Chevy dealership this year and bought a trans mount for$25.00.The guy there told me I was lucky as for the newer camaros cost in upwards of over $100 to replace.Anyway,like they used to say,fix what you got.Hope this helps.Sorry for the rant.Forget everyone else,do what makes you happy,I did.My02beer.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:24 AM

I just opened the hook for the first time in a few years and have some work to do. Here in South Florida the SFFBA was taken over by some Ford guys and closed the site and club down. I tried to stop it but had little support from members and everything had feel apart. We use to have one of the largest meets in the area. Now even the local car show that has been in Dave Florida for over 20+ years had closed and moved to a smaller location. Seems like this country is getting taken over. I had enough of it and had gotten out and parked the car and it has sat for over 3 years. Last week I pulled the cover off and started to clean the car off and now I'm starting to put it back together. Last thing I was last doing before putting it up was the UMI Auto x K member and control arms, shocks, brakes, ect. Now have to finish the UMI tunnel mounted torque arm, Adj panhard bar, Rear shocks and springs. Comp cam 306 up grade from 304 install done just have to install the opti, water pump, p/s, alt, ect and a lot of other stuff. Once I'm done and do a tune. The only thing I'll be concern if I'm having fun. Put it off long enough to take care of other things. Time to get to work.

Last edited by RobbyRob; 10-12-2015 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:03 AM

I know what you mean about the car payment. I would rather sink a few hundred here and there and when life gets hectic, throw the car cover over it. I am wanting to do the lightweight K-member and a 9" soon. I have trouble hooking up with the 383. I only have 3,200 miles on all new parts and haven't drove the car in awhile. Last time at the track:

60' 2.375
1/8 8.577
MPH 90.62
1000 10.877
1/4 12.803
MPH 116.89
Old 10-18-2015, 10:48 PM

Those look like pretty good numbers to me except for the 60 foot.I don't think a Ford 9" would help out as it weighs more than stock.Stickier tires (MT streets maybe). How much #in the rear?I'm no expert by any means only gathering info from this board from what I have read.Can you make a signature at the bottom of your posts it's real easy just go to user cp.Hope this helps.Maybe some other members can chime in to advise.My02.