LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

accell dfi, speddpro, tec 2, etc

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 06:52 PM

Post accell dfi, speddpro, tec 2, etc

what are the main differences between the different dfi's that are available?
Old 08-20-2002, 11:59 PM

Motec Very nice very very nice but cost comes with it.

Fast (formerly felpro) seems to be the computer of choice, lots of options and lots of tuners with knowledge on it.

Accell Not on my car thanks I am not impressed with it.

Electromotive tec 3 (they do not make the tec 2 any longer) The tech 3 is supposed to be very nice but i am not sold on them. The tech 2 from what i hear is a major pain to tune.

Hal tech lots of options but not many tuners out there.

If i was getting it i would go with the FAST.

Steven

------------------
383 Inches of stroked turbocharged fun.
If one is good shouldnt 2 be great?????
TURBO=TORQUE
TORQUE=FUN

My Car
Old 08-21-2002, 02:29 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zturbo:

Accell Not on my car thanks I am not impressed with it.

</font>
Why not?

------------------
SSEE YA,
Mike Glick
97 SS #2476
12.678@110.49
383 in the works!
Old 02-12-2003, 01:33 PM

I heard that the Tec III Was just about the best out there.. They hold the patent on Coil packs which the big three and probably many others lease from Electromotive. I hear really good things about the Fast system thou too.. I don't know if I think I can trust a electric oil pump drive thou???? Tax time coming up and I need to buy a system so I have been looking at those two.. Anybody hear a great deciding factor?

K
Old 02-13-2003, 07:05 AM

I would say out of your list Motec is probably the best but as stated earlier is big bucks. It is also a very hard system to tune. They offer alot of upgrades for there system. I personally have a FAST system and think it is a great system for the price. I have heard the the new DFI system is pretty comparable to the FAST system but harder to tune. The good things about these systems are the wide-band 02 sensor.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:22 AM

I have both the old DFI and the new DFI VII from Accell and have had good luck with both. The new system is much easier to set-up and has a lot more features.

Daren
Old 02-13-2003, 01:45 PM
Administrator

All my computer work was done by Second Street Speed (SSS) in Perkasie, PA. They are authorized tuners for all of the systems you mentioned.... there are only 9 authorized MoTeC tuners for "specialty race engines" in the USA, and SSS is one of them (others include Kenny Duttweiler and Sonny's). If you are looking for a complete install and tuning, it might be worth calling them and discussing your requirements. You are close enough to get your car into their shop. If you are in a do-it-yourself mode, I would recommend the latest Accel/DFI or FAST.

I know SSS prefers the MoTeC... they use it on their own Pro 5.0 car, and on George Baxter's "quickest stock-style suspension LT1". Since MoTeC recently upgraded models, you may start to see some used M48Pro's for decent prices. I bought mine for about 1/2 of the new price. And I would rate the 8 LS1 direct fire coils that the MoTeC can drive as easilly the equal of the E'motive "lost spark" coil pack system. Based on my own experience with E'motive's Opti-Eliminator/SDI system, I would avoid them for their poor customer support.