Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 Powertrain Discussion > LT1 Based Engine Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2003, 05:34 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Hotwire Send a message via Yahoo to Hotwire
94 LT1 Cooling system diagram

Hey all,

Got a 94 LT1 in an 89 S-10 and have really no idea of what hose hooks to what. I want to run the factory oil cooler and also hook up my heater core.

I usually see 3-4 Z28s a day, but I've been on the prowl w/ my digi cam and can't find a single damn one!!

The motor has the bleeder pipe coming from the back of the heads, but ends up at the TB w/ no hose on it, one side of the oil cooler is going into the water pump, but the other side is dangling. I have no tee, so don't know where to hook that up. I've looked at all the TB bypass sites to see if I could tell where everything went and am still somewhat stumped.

If someone could draw me a simple what goes where, a list of connections, or a picture, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance ,

Jeff
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
98 S10 extcab,4.3L HO, 5 spd, LS1 voodoo coming
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:09 PM   #2

Look on my Tech Page for some diagrams that might help.
shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 07:27 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Hotwire Send a message via Yahoo to Hotwire
Hey Shoebox,

Thanks for the reply. I was looking through your site earlier, I am really impressed and awe by all the info/time you have on the site. I wish I had a z28 so I could do the site some justice.

I think I may have figured out how to run it, but not absolutely sure. the oil cooler is supposed to run back into the rad, so I might have to put a tee on the upper hose for that, but as far as the line coming from the heads, I might run that through the heater core, then have to dump that output somewhere as well. I will probably be better off getting my hands on a LT1 in a f-body and seeing everything for myself.

Thanks again,

Jeff
98 S10 extcab,4.3L HO, 5 spd, LS1 voodoo coming
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 07:37 PM   #4

Just as a side note, you might want to search about the oil cooler. I think some folks have removed it for various reasons, but I don't exactly remember the specifics. Just might be something you want to read up on.
shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 07:37 PM

Reply Post New Thread