LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

the right exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 10:33 PM

the right exhaust

Im going to get exhaust in the near future. I was thinking loudmouth or borla. The borla is soo expensive and the loudmouth is pretty cheap. I might get an off road y pipe along with it, if not in the immediate future. Will the slp sound good with the offroad pipe, you guys say its bad with lontube headers and their on my list too but that wont be for a while. IS there something thats cheap and sounds good? Maybe something thats moderately loud now and sounds great with the y pipe and headers thats cheap. I know thats askign alot but i dont want to waste money. One last question is shopuld i save up for the y pipe and exhaust, or just buy the exhaust take it off and put the y pipe on at a later date? Thanks to all again sorry for all the questions
Old 03-25-2003, 10:37 PM

We all ahd questions at some point of time...I think the loudmouth is great...but only if your stick to minor mods...with heads, cam and headers it way to loud...I'm looking to get rid of mine for something else...also loudmouth without cats is also too loud...IMO the loudmouth is very clean looking and cheap...check out www.stealthperf.com for some good prices
Old 03-26-2003, 02:41 AM

You want a great sounding exhaust that is cheap, then I can recommend a Dynomouth.. do a search for ratio411 and check his site for instructions on a DM exhaust.. Now from what I have heard about the DM get the 24219 (18" muffler) if you plan to do flp headers and/or OR Y-pipe.. When I ordered my Muffler and Tips from http://www.jegs.com, I ordered the 24219 muffler and since flp header and or y-pipe are going to be another mod at a later date, someone told me that w/ both the DM sounds great w/ no rasp.. Plus w/ Stock Manifolds and Y-pipe it sounds great not too loud @ idle but actually a little louder then Stock.. But at 3K and above it is very loud (sounds like a race car).. With new tips, muffler and install including material, ran me around $ 202... would have been around $ 140 w/ just muffler and using Stock Tips.. So in my opinion this is the cheapest exhaust to have installed and sounds extremely good.. Plus even w/ the stock I-pipe the DM and LM both flow @ 2200 CFM, which will give you a noticeable power increase as well... Just depends on which sound you like better, a loud raspy sound @ idle or a nice deep throaty rumble that is very clean sounding... Plus I get a lot of compliments from people who have heard my car as well...