LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Most refined sounding exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 03:17 PM

Question Most refined sounding exhaust?

Right now i have a flowmaster 80 series muffler, which i am hoping to change. I am going to best describe what i want, it might sound weird though. I want my car to sound more like a "sports car", and less like a "muscle car", I really don't know any other way to describe what i want. I don't want it to be rediciously loud and throaty, i want it to be smooth and prominent. For example, a corvette with Corsa exhaust sounds high pitched, much like a sports car, but not at all real deap and unrefined sounding. I know i don't have a vette, but i want something to that effect. I was thinking of getting an SLP Dual/Dual, but if any of you have any better suggestions, i am all ears.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:25 PM
Banned

get a borla...youll love it
Old 03-24-2003, 03:27 PM

The stock system does that. lol Seriously.

Umm...asside from that...you might check out Corsa. I have a MagnaFlow and the sound is not over powering at all. Not sure if it's what you're looking for. It's very low and rumbly until you get on it.

Here's the MagnaFlow catback demo:

http://www.upwithpunk.com/magnaflow.wmv
Old 03-24-2003, 03:30 PM

I love the sound of Borla on an LS1. However, for an exocticsound and tone, B&B Tri-Flo is the only way to go. If I was to personallt pick an exhuasts, Borla for sure.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:38 PM

What about the SLP dual dual? Also, do you have clips of the Tri-flow, or the borla on various settings? The magnoflow was still too muscle like for my liking. So nothing will make my car sound like a Vette with Corsa. The corsa on F-body's sounds completly differently.

How can i make my car sound like this!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 03-24-2003, 03:42 PM

Holy crap. I think I'd honestly be embarrassed if my lumbering muscle car sounded like that. I wasn't joking when I mentioned the stock Z28 system. It's a lot higher pitched, very clean, just doesn't flow well. But you've got a Flowmaster, so you can't flow much worse. lol
Old 03-24-2003, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 93 LT1
I love the sound of Borla on an LS1. However, for an exocticsound and tone, B&B Tri-Flo is the only way to go. If I was to personallt pick an exhuasts, Borla for sure.

u cant go wrong with the borla...with the adjustable plates you can tune it to your liking

borla
Old 03-24-2003, 03:54 PM

I understand that my car is completely a muscle car, but i just want it to sound like a sports car. Aside from shelling out 650 for a borla, are there any other exhausts that aren't low pitched, or real lopey and throaty?
Old 03-24-2003, 03:57 PM

If anyone has sound clips of the Borla on various settings, that would really help me out!
Old 03-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DaveGrun
I understand that my car is completely a muscle car, but i just want it to sound like a sports car. Aside from shelling out 650 for a borla, are there any other exhausts that aren't low pitched, or real lopey and throaty?
u can get a borla for 350 used.....

if i knew how to make sound clips i would do it for you....

anyone wanna tell me how
Old 03-24-2003, 04:04 PM

Smile

Originally posted by stik6shift98
u cant go wrong with the borla...with the adjustable plates you can tune it to your liking

borla
Borlas definitely aren't "deep" like a muscle car should sound, but they also have their own "distinct" rumble that doesn't sound like every other V8 on the road. Kinda hard to desribe, but you just have to hear it in person to know what I'm talking about. Most people either love or hate this exhaust.

But for the most exotic tone on an F-body, B&B Triflow sounds a little sportscarish at WOT. Corsa definitely sounds somewhat exotic IMO. Both are very refined sounding as well. Your best bet would be to buy one of these two systems or just trade in your car for a Vette.

And BTW, an SLP dual/dual is very quiet(like stock). Certainly refined too. But not quite as racy sounding as the B&B or Corsa.

Mike

2002 M6 Z28
Old 03-24-2003, 04:06 PM

u can get a borla for 350 used.....

if i knew how to make sound clips i would do it for you....

anyone wanna tell me how
You need to get the Magic Sound Clip Water from the Cave of Echos located near the top of Mount Doom.

lol Nah... I used my laptop for my sound clips. Take it outside, start up Sound Record, start recording and then do a few revs.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:10 PM
Banned

i have a laptop but what software or proggram should i use..

thanks
Old 03-24-2003, 04:12 PM

i have a laptop but what software or proggram should i use..
If you have Windows, look in your menus (usually under Accessories->Entertainment) for Sound Recorder. It'll use your laptop's mic to record stuff. Hit the big red button, jump into the car, do what you wanna do and hit the stop button. Then you can save it to a file to share with people.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:17 PM

Ok let me make it easier for you guys. Out of all the mainstream exhausts, which one has the highest pitch?

Quick Reply: Most refined sounding exhaust?