Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 Powertrain Discussion > LS1 Based Engine Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2003, 02:00 PM   #1

how does a bent pushrod cause a loud tapping noise?

Ive heard people saying that a bent pushrod will cause a loud tapping after doing searches but how does it if it is tightened between the rocker and lifter?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
MattysTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 05:14 PM   #2

I think it is slapping around inside the sleeve...I'll tell you what... my engine started a small ticking noise... and I did have an all famous mis-shift.....and shortly after I started to notice a small ticking noise if you got down near the front passenger wheel-well. So I tore out the valve covers and removed the rockers. From here I pulled the rods, but the were all fine. Pulling the damn valve-covers took an crazy amount of time--they have everything but the spare tire mounted to these SOB's. At this point my hands were so scrathed to hell from the fastners under the dashboard, in the engine compartment, that I was disgusted. I just put the damn thing together. God knows what it is. Sounds more like a steady ticking. Anyone have any ideas?
NJDevils88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 06:39 PM   #3

steady ticking could be piston slap also. GM service center would know for sure.
crazyswede1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 06:45 PM   #4

If you think you have piston slap check out this website, it should help you out LINK
Old 06-29-2003, 06:45 PM

Reply Post New Thread