LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

best catback

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 08:15 AM

best catback

hey guys i have been checkin out the catbacks for ls1's. I so far there are three systems i'm interested in. First the loudmouth, 2nd random technology, and last the hooker catback. Does anyone here have a hooker or randon tech catback? I'm leaning towards one of these two because I can still get the electric cutout and run the exaust through that. I've heard that the loudmouth is way to loud with headers or high flow cats, also I already attract alot of cops with the loudmouth i'll def have one pullin me over once a week. I think i'm gunna go wit a hooker cat back and electric cutout and then eventually getting either hooker headers or mac headers. How does this sound so far? Hooker Catback+Cutout thanks for help cause i need it
Old 03-26-2003, 08:22 AM
Banned

i had a loudmouth unitl i got flp headers.....then i bought a borla and love it....with the borla u can adjust perfectly to your liking
Old 03-26-2003, 10:36 AM

I liked everything about my Borla except I wasn't crazy about the looks of the tips....
Old 03-26-2003, 12:19 PM

Hooker + longtubes =

It's a bit quiet by itself, but with the headers it sounds sweet. As for a cutout, that'll just be plain loud as hell with headers. But hey, it'll scare some old ladies Soon as I get the cash I'm gettin FLP headers and a Hooker cat-back.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:49 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Darth Xed
I liked everything about my Borla except I wasn't crazy about the looks of the tips....
the tips are the best part!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2003, 12:53 PM

the hooker sounds the best..

but there is no best
Old 03-26-2003, 02:20 PM

You are going to get around the same amount of HP with any cat-back exhaust system, but good luck with your pick

Last edited by LS1999PewterZ; 03-26-2003 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by stik6shift98
the tips are the best part!!!!!!!
Eh, they really weren't my style... but I dealt with them because I liked being able to adjust the sound level on the Borla...

I really perfer a rolled finish on the ends up the tips.

The quality was also very high on the Borla setup... another reason I chose it.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:54 AM

I had a random system and changed recently to the Banks kit...The random did not have the sound I was looking for and someone else had a banks exhaust system that I heard and I really liked it...It is all stainless and the price was great.Sound is mellow with no resonation,but it barks at you when you get on it !..I would check it out if you are thinking about a system.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:08 PM

Go for whatever cat-back you think sounds/looks the best .. hp gains won't be big enough for you to pick one over another .. if you want hp gains get a true dual setup.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:27 PM

Hey man...check out Magnaflow....they are the ticket around here and are getting very popular...awesome sound, awesome quality, awesome fit and finish, just not a awesome price, but with magnaflow you get what you pay for.

just my two cents
Old 03-29-2003, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by LethalTA
Hey man...check out Magnaflow....they are the ticket around here and are getting very popular...awesome sound, awesome quality, awesome fit and finish...just my two cents
Ditto, love the muffler.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:32 AM

Magnaflow rocks. It sounds great even with LT's and the fit was perfect. It has a nice and deep tone. At WOT
Old 03-31-2003, 09:58 AM
O1Z

I was in your same position.. I looked at all the sites, read all the reviews. What really got me was listening to sound clips of diffrent exhausts (I found them on some www site.. can't rember) I went with the Hooker catback. I was a little scared about going with the cheepest.. but I liked how it sounded the best.

After getting it all I have to say is, WOW. I can't believe it's the cheepest! High quality! It even comes with great tips. I simply love the sound inside and out. It's the perfict sound inside the car. Not to loud not to soft. Perfict. I had my friend do a drive by in my car so I could hear whta it sounds like, that to, perfict.

I couldn't be happier with the Hooker catback and the fact it can be had for $300 is just amazing!!!

You won't be sorry.

Bart
Old 03-31-2003, 11:02 AM

how would a flowmaster system sound on an ls1?

right now i have the American Thunder catback.. but in a couple months im looking to swap out my v6 for an ls1

Quick Reply: best catback