LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Magna Flow catback installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 05:34 PM

Talking Magna Flow catback installed

Yesterday finally got around to getting under the car and getting this catback in. I have to say that I am very happy with the system and thanks to everyone who helped me decide. The fit and quality of the Magna flow was great I had no problems installing it. Overall the system really gives the camaro that muscle car sound without making sound like a boat which the loudmouth seems to do, and doesn't have that terrible drone.

Magnaflow
Old 10-20-2003, 05:50 PM

sound clip? pics?
ive heard good stuff on magnaflow/ls1 mixes. i myself have a magnaflow catback on my mazda, sounds superb . thumbs up man!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:18 PM

i'll get some pics and clip up later this week
Old 10-20-2003, 06:34 PM

-Mike
Old 10-20-2003, 07:57 PM

X-Roush Stanger:

Is this the catback on your car right now?
http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/camarofirebird.html
#15684?

I've been looking at this system, but hate the tips. I also don't want to cut two tips off a new system either. Where did you buy yours from and was your deal better than this website's?
Old 10-21-2003, 12:20 AM

I got mine from www.jegs.com I thought the tips were going to be bad because everyone seems to dislike them but I don't think they're too bad. They're very similar to the slash cut loudmouth tips. The price was like 380 but that was the total after shipping and handling and stuff. Just by looking at it though it would seem like it would be a bitch to change the tips do to the fact that the magnaflow "tips" are so damn long. What other tips would you put on. I think the only other tips I would want are the corsa ones, that is unless they make so kind of knockoffs.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:23 AM

oh and i checked the part number and that is the same system.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:33 AM

me too.......

Hey X-Roush, I too have the Magnaflow exhaust on my 02 Z28, and have loved it from day one. I have had them for about 10 months. Just wait until you get a few thousand miles on it, it really starts to purr. I get compliments all of the time. Ls1 F-body+Magnaflow=NICE sound. Congrats. And like he said, The tips arent so bad once you get use to them. At first I thought they were too big, but they grew on me. I love em now.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:47 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has long tubes with the magnaflow. In the future I want to pick up the hookers so i'm curious how that will effect the sound.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by X-Roush Stanger
I'm wondering if anyone has long tubes with the magnaflow. In the future I want to pick up the hookers so i'm curious how that will effect the sound.
I'm running FLP's with my Magnaflow cat-back. I personally love the sound. Nice, aggressive, and throaty.

-Mike
Old 10-21-2003, 04:09 PM

Originally posted by transam8
I'm running FLP's with my Magnaflow cat-back. I personally love the sound. Nice, aggressive, and throaty.

-Mike
You wouldn't happen to have a sound clip would you.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by X-Roush Stanger
You wouldn't happen to have a sound clip would you.
No I don't, sorry . Try a search on LS1.com, you may have some luck there.

-Mike
Old 10-21-2003, 05:55 PM

Re: me too.......

Originally posted by 2K2-Z28
Hey X-Roush, I too have the Magnaflow exhaust on my 02 Z28, and have loved it from day one. I have had them for about 10 months. Just wait until you get a few thousand miles on it, it really starts to purr. I get compliments all of the time. Ls1 F-body+Magnaflow=NICE sound. Congrats. And like he said, The tips arent so bad once you get use to them. At first I thought they were too big, but they grew on me. I love em now.

My thought exactly. I love my Magnaflow.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:25 PM

just wondering if there is a site that contains clips of camaro exhaust sounds. I know for mustangs the is MustangExaust http://ubb.mustangexhaust.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
really good site with every exaust you can think of. I know there's ls1info.com put it seems like that ones down. Anyone know of any other if not i think one should be started or there should be a sub forum or somthing with a library of clips. That will put an end to all these "What catback should i get posts." Although it wouldn't compare hearing it person but at least it would give some idea. Sorry for being so long.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:05 AM

I can't wait to pick up my Magnaflow catback friday. I am really weary of how the tips will look, but the Performance, Price, and Sound of this catback HEAVILY outweigh the looks of the tips IMO. I read somewhere that the Magnaflow catback flows 1 less HP than a cutout. Its all stainless steel and I got it for $300 brand new(I picked it up locally, no shipping). The place I boght the catback from is no longer offering this deal, but I still know where you can get the Magnaflow for $345 SHIPPED. PM or email me and I will let you know.

Quick Reply: Magna Flow catback installed