General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Wow, Comment first, then ? TRIPPY...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Wow, Comment first, then ? TRIPPY...

Love these forums because as I was searching how to put my exhaust all together, I found myself on some dude's cardomain page and at the bottom a chick was commenting about this guys passing (teke184). I was kinda taken back that some young guy, like myself, had died in a car accident! I put my pen down and realized that most of us here have some serious cars and that we should never take for granted how quickly our toys could cause us to expire... OK, life reflections over now.

Question:
For Tuesday, I am having my shop put together my exhaust on the car and fix my check engine light so I can pass emissions and stop my multiple detonations from happening(Another code said I had a dirty MAF, but I just purchased a Granatelli MAF from a fellow member here).
I submit to all who is wise, since I'm going to have my engine out and about, what else should I have done (cosmetically, acessori--ly, and performanc--ly) while its out bc it's very $$ to keep replacing parts as they wear out. This is what I have and plan to do sofar... I:
1. Have Pacesetter LT headers
2. Going to purchase pair of HF Cats (damn emissions)
3. Going to purchase pair of O2 simulators ("" "")
4. Going to have the muffler shop fab custom 3'' Y-pipe
5. Going to purchase some Poly Motor Mounts
6. Going to purchase LT1 EGR Block-Off Plates
7. Going to purchase NGK TR55's or TR55ix's
8. Have purchased BBK ALUMINUM CRANK PULLEY
9. Have purchased License Plateflipper (Dont like my pic being taken by redlight/speed cameras...)
10. Have purchased Hypertech Power Stats 160* thermostat
11. Going to tell them to do the TB Bypass (I cant get to the last hose to connect the two)
12. Have purchased 3" Dual Electric Exhaust Cutouts

Because I'm lucky enough to have found someone that still dyno tunes LT1's, June 4th I'm getting a dyno tune for everything.
Please let me know what else to get (minor parts) while she's dissected.
Thank You,
-Grasshopper

Last edited by Martin99ACR; 05-25-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:28 PM

Re: Wow, Comment first, then ? TRIPPY...

So I dont here repeats, these are the mods I already have:
1. Short throw shifter
2. JIL Racing Seats
3. 8 cubic foot custom sub inclosure with 2 Memphis Mojo M3 12" subs (4 cubic feet of space a piece),
2 memphis mla 1000d amps bridged pushing about 1100 watts to each sub, 1 450 watt amp for the stock mids/highs/tweeters and additional Memphis componant 6 1/2 and 6 x 9 speakers in the back,Odd gage wiring, a 5 firad cap, and a New dry cell battery. (Rear seats were removed to accomodate system). --Grand total:$6k--
4. full dynomate floor doors and roof
5.Custom exhaust: Kept the 2 1/2 inch pipe all the way back took out the muffler and put resignated tips on.
6. TB Air Foil
7. Lingenfelter SuperTube Cold Air Intake Kit
- I would also like to find a way to combine all of the items that have a relay switch into 1 unit or harness and install it where the ash tray is currently located.