General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Where should I buy a windshield sun cover?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:23 PM

Where should I buy a windshield sun cover?

I bought one at AutoZone, the largest one they had. It wasn't big enough and would barely cover the entire windshield. Then half of the time it would flop down onto the dash anyways. So does anybody make one that will fit the entire windshield?
Old 07-29-2005, 12:01 AM

Re: Where should I buy a windshield sun cover?

i use these shades i found at walmart that are these circle shades that fold up into a circle(but its two pieces), i bought the jumbo size and it fits right across the window, all you need to do is fold down one to the visors to hold them in place.
I just looked on walmart.com and i didnt see them on there, check it out. they work awesome for me
Old 07-29-2005, 12:15 AM

I just bought one at Pep Boys (the Jumbo size) and it's too friggin big! I put it all the way down to where the dash and windshield meet, and it's too big to put under the sun visors. Not to mention it's way too long.

I bought the Jumbo cuz the size under that one looked like the same size as the one I was using (from my mom's Explorer).
Old 07-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Bert02SS

These are by far the best:

http://www.canvasworks.com/ahs1.html

I've bought 2 for myself since 1985, and they just don't wear out. When I sold my 85 Trans Am, the buyer wanted the heat shield thrown in! No problemo. Since the windshield changed on the newer F-Bodies, I bought one in '96, and it has served me well ever since then. I've also bought several for friends and they really like them. Each one is custom cut for your windshield, and they fit extremely well. Not very expensive either.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:50 PM

afterthoughtsauto has these as well. I've had it for 3 yrs now and it's awesome.