General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

What part do you want that nobody makes for your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Camarocracy
Carbonfiber Firebird hatch.
Pillar gauge pods for hardtops.
Projector headlights for Firebirds.
They make pillar gage pods for hardtops (although they are limited to a 2 gage pillar pod instead of a 3 gage pillar pod)

I have seen projectors for Firebirds, but they were custom

Old 03-25-2007, 09:54 PM

I meant projectors that fit in the stock pop-up housings.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:08 AM

i would like a light for my shifter on my 98 z28.i know when i put my car into drive but i let my sister drive it the other night and theres no light to tell u weather or not ur in drive which i can see as a big problem for those who dont always know what there shifting into (like my sister) she had to turn the lights on to put the car in drive because there was nothing telling her she was in drive.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by bdc95ta
-speedometer that goes up to 200mph just cuss it would look cool.

-lamborghini door kits b/c it's hard getting out of the car when your in a tight parking space w/ a truck on one side an a SUV on the other.

-b
actually those door kits are all over ebay if you look.little over a grand if i recall.i think they look cool as hell but i heard they dont work good on the fbodies because the doors are to heavy.jus letting u know
Old 04-05-2007, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by M.$tErNeR
i would like a light for my shifter on my 98 z28.i know when i put my car into drive but i let my sister drive it the other night and theres no light to tell u weather or not ur in drive which i can see as a big problem for those who dont always know what there shifting into (like my sister) she had to turn the lights on to put the car in drive because there was nothing telling her she was in drive.
I don't own an auto car but i'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a light there. Yours must of burnt out.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:32 PM

A replacement for the piece-o-crap upperdash that doesnt cost $200.00. Evertime i get the cash for a replacement i find somewhere else to spend it, lets see,upper dash or dyno time, upper dash or tires, upper dash or ratcheting shifter. upper dash just keeps losing out.Come on, its just a piece of plastic.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:49 PM

I wish the Center Mount Exhaust would come back, without the exorbitant price tag.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:28 PM

A little black box that monitors everything about the entire vehicle. Everytime you have a question about a weird noise, a broken part, or an elusive performance loss problem (LT1 ignition/fuel gremlins!); it will tell you exactly what is wrong or broken and what needs to be repaired to address the situation.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:54 AM

A wonder tool that would make changing spark plugs a breeze, a kit that I could use to fix EVERY FOURTH GEN F BODY DOOR! Every F body I have been in makes a sound like there are beer cans floating around inside the door when you shut it. Makes our cars sound like pieces of $hit when you get in and out.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by burnout42
A wonder tool that would make changing spark plugs a breeze, a kit that I could use to fix EVERY FOURTH GEN F BODY DOOR! Every F body I have been in makes a sound like there are beer cans floating around inside the door when you shut it. Makes our cars sound like pieces of $hit when you get in and out.
buy the SLP spark plug socket, its an open socket that allows u to put a wrench on the end. Combine this with a 3/4" ratcheting socket, it makes it a breeze
Old 04-07-2007, 12:15 PM

IRS for my DD
Old 04-07-2007, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by burnout42
I have found an empty soda can in my previous f-body inside the door. Damn Canadians were too lazy to throw stuff in the garbage cans or on the ground near the assembly line so they just tossed it into the doors. Found empty potato chip bags too.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:27 PM

I'd like a power antenna so I don't have to take it off to put my cover on!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by RacerTim
What about any cosmetic pieces? Keep the ideas coming everyone!
i would love to see rear window louvers(sp?) for us 4th gen guys
Old 08-17-2007, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by M.$tErNeR
there is one its i think a 73 bulb, its tiny but its in there, just look under the panel. i make LED lighted replacements too in diff colors so mine is diff but there is a bulb

Quick Reply: What part do you want that nobody makes for your car?