General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

What part do you want that nobody makes for your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:51 PM

A nice sturdy strong, wiper motor. I know i've been through 3 of them so far. I finally bought a new one at autozone so now i have free replacements for life.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:44 PM

Something along the lines of a 275-40x16 tire, preferably something with a fair ti decent daily driver compound (would fit 16x9.5 wheels)
Old 03-22-2007, 01:15 PM

Another vote for good headlights. I really like that HID setup, but dayum.
A Composite headlight setup would rawk *is that right word? Where its not a sealed glass light like it is now, but one you can screw bulbs into like everything else*

That and better wiper arms that arent retarded n have the reverse hook thats a beast to get wipers for.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by theratdude64
Another vote for good headlights. I really like that HID setup, but dayum.
A Composite headlight setup would rawk *is that right word? Where its not a sealed glass light like it is now, but one you can screw bulbs into like everything else*

That and better wiper arms that arent retarded n have the reverse hook thats a beast to get wipers for.
There's a thread I started last fall called "who would be interested in a new headlight assembly for the 93-97 Camaro's?". It got enough attention that a company called "FocuzTech" decided to make them. They are currently being made, and should be completed sometime this fall. For more info check the thread out in the appearence section.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:21 PM

Ooo very very nice. I saw that thread but it was so big i didnt read through it all, and most things I saw were totally different looking from stock. I just want a "crystal" lookin clear light lol. Ive seen a black 3rd gen with em that looked DAMN good
Old 03-22-2007, 01:29 PM

There have been only ideas projected to the company so far. Nothing has been posted or shown of what the new ones will look like yet. Since I was the one who started the thread, I have been in close contact with them, and been helping them out with a lot of Q/A. They are probably going to consist of 2 Hella 50mm bulbs inside an enclosed headlamp. There will be several variations you could order of these inlcuding angel eyes, Halo, HID bulb excange, and possibly even an additional LED marker light, not to mention the inside body of the headlight will most likely be able to be a color of your choice (color of your car, clear, chrome ect).

More details, and concept pictures will undoubtingly unfold as the production of the new headlamps unfold.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:31 PM

*drool* Awesome!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:34 PM

I would like to see a bolt on kit for a transmission and diff cooler, but realize this is probably not a high demand item.

Next would be a bolt-in 8.8 Ford axle, or better yet an aluminum center GM 8.5" bolt-in axle. Something for the road racers that want to drag race every so often.

Last would be an aero nose for LS1 T/A's that eliminates the "scoops" between the hood and nose, along with the fog light holes and lower "gills" on the outside. Basically something to clean it up cosmetically, while improving aerodynamics.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:43 AM

-speedometer that goes up to 200mph just cuss it would look cool.

-lamborghini door kits b/c it's hard getting out of the car when your in a tight parking space w/ a truck on one side an a SUV on the other.

-b
Old 03-24-2007, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by bdc95ta
-speedometer that goes up to 200mph just cuss it would look cool.

-lamborghini door kits b/c it's hard getting out of the car when your in a tight parking space w/ a truck on one side an a SUV on the other.

-b
Granateli already makes this. I believe you may have to have the 97+ style dash, and then you have to send it in to get it upgraded, but I know for a fact there are 200 MPH F-body speedo's out there.

I have also seen the lambo door thing done on an F-body as well. There is no kit for this, but you can have it custom made for your car. (It doesn't look good on an F-body IMO)
Old 03-24-2007, 08:12 AM

How about a cupholder?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BradcTA
How about a cupholder?
So true!

Not many LS1 guys posting in here. Here are a few things I'd like to see:
  • Headlight assembly for an LS1 Camaro that uses modern projector lenses, and does not have those lame halo things in it.
  • A truly complete turbo kit, and STS doesn't count.
  • More aftermarket wheel options! We simply don't have as many choices as the import crowd has. In particular, I'd like to see more forged aluminum.
  • Center stack conversion kit making it easier to do a professional-looking double-DIN stereo or in-dash LCD.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by PWR-TRIP
The sad thing is, my friends make fun of my car cuz it's an american car and they think all american cars are garbage. the good thing is i always smoke them in a race. I love american muscle.

I think i'll start looking for new friends
why change friends?just keep beating them and laughing and maybe they will come around
Old 03-24-2007, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
Granateli already makes this. I believe you may have to have the 97+ style dash, and then you have to send it in to get it upgraded, but I know for a fact there are 200 MPH F-body speedo's out there.

I have also seen the lambo door thing done on an F-body as well. There is no kit for this, but you can have it custom made for your car. (It doesn't look good on an F-body IMO)
I think the Granatelli setup works for 93-02 TA's and 97+ Camaro's. Also as said they do make lambo door kits that can be put on Fbodies.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:40 PM

Carbonfiber Firebird hatch.
Pillar gauge pods for hardtops.
Projector headlights for Firebirds.

Quick Reply: What part do you want that nobody makes for your car?