General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

What do you think this car is worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:17 AM

Re: What do you think this car is worth?

ya, it was crazy! i started looking in december...got it in may!

the worst part. i was 22, but looked 18. i really wanted the anniversary edition, and i found one, but they guy was such an a$$. i drove 3 and a half hours to go see it, and he wouldnt even let me drive it. alot of people were like..."um, im not gonna let this kid drive it, he just wants a joy ride!" his loss, i would have bought it...luckely i found mine that weekend...and the guy was awesome...let me race a mustang on the test drive! (up to 60mpg, nothing crazy) but he actually let me stomp on it... 0-60 in 5 sec... - in a little under 2 seconds!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon02SS

the worst part. i was 22, but looked 18. i really wanted the anniversary edition, and i found one, but they guy was such an a$$. i drove 3 and a half hours to go see it, and he wouldnt even let me drive it. alot of people were like..."um, im not gonna let this kid drive it, he just wants a joy ride!" his loss, i would have bought it...luckely i found mine that weekend...and the guy was awesome...let me race a mustang on the test drive! (up to 60mpg, nothing crazy) but he actually let me stomp on it... 0-60 in 5 sec... - in a little under 2 seconds!
I can relate, I'm 22 as well, i've been looking for the last year for the perfect one. drove a few liked one. oh well
Old 07-21-2005, 08:16 AM

The Firebird, bone stock with that mileage, garage kept, really nice, would be worth $7000 I'd guess. The mods would detract from that to under $6000 in my opinion. The option list spells out "beat on" to most buyers.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by tom2
The Firebird, bone stock with that mileage, garage kept, really nice, would be worth $7000 I'd guess. The mods would detract from that to under $6000 in my opinion. The option list spells out "beat on" to most buyers.

How so? Its not like I have a kit on the car or anything. Its simply a nice exhaust, with some other little stuff. If I have every single service reciept, with that kind of miles, I dont see how it would be worth under 6.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon02SS

Ha! The same thing happened to me when I was 20. "you kids just wanna hot rod these IROCs up and down the road". I was a little offended, but it was a nice car, and dad had bought 3 cars there so- I actually dragged my dad down there on his lunch hour so I could test drive it. Salesman got the keys, and 3-piece-suit dad says "get the manager, we wanna make an offer." I'm confused cause we haven't even driven it yet, but he's also got a weird grin, so I go along. Manager comes out, dad says "take a good look at my son, he works hard for his money, and wants to drive that IROC over there. He's got the full price saved, been driving 400hp since he was 14, and you're not gonna let him drive that wussy 305 car? Your salesmen treated him like sh*t." Then he turns to me and says "Life lesson time, spend your money somewhere that treats you with respect, these guys have none." We walked out of there with the salesmen & manager tripping over themselves trying to stop us. I had the biggest grin, and a new level of respect for the old man.

Last edited by Deckstripes; 07-21-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by DriverJ
I hear ya man! I looked forever for a nice car here with a M6 and ttops, didn't happen. everytime I found one, didn't matter if it was the day the lot put it out. BAM gone. I finally found my SS the night the lot put it out. called them the next morning and someone still almost beat me to it. The automatic Z28 for sale I found the same day? the M6 SS? gone it depends on whats hot in the area. and whats around. I payed more for the SS with an M6 than I would have with an A4 that was close milage and had Ttops, why? cause it was what I wanted and others wanted it too.
supply and demand
This is a fact... if you have two people out looking for F-bodies, one who wants an auto and one who wants a 6-speed, the guy who wants the 6-speed will shell out a little more cash for it - because there just aren't as many of them out there as the autos, and he/she is going to have to look harder for one.

I had to look for 6 months or so before I found a six speed that was in my price range, despite passing up at least 15 other great deals on automatics.

It's supply and demand, just like DriverJ said above.

Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 07-21-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:49 PM

I dont know if this is true everywhere, but around here the low mileage, ttops, loaded m6 cars are impossible to find for under 7k. Several I looked at wouldnt go below 10 and they still sold to other people, proving that they werent overpricing their cars. I got extremely lucky and found my car 300 miles away and I got it for 8k. The car was posted on Autotrader for one full day before I bought it and the owner already had an offer called in. This is all after looking for a year and a half and almost giving up and settling for somthing else. Every last person that asks about my car's eyes light up when I tell them that its a 6sp and they say all they ever see are autos.

Last edited by 68z28; 07-21-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Deckstripes
"Life lesson time, spend your money somewhere that treats you with respect, these guys have none." We walked out of there with the salesmen & manager tripping over themselves trying to stop us. I had the biggest grin, and a new level of respect for the old man.
hahaha...that made my day! your dad is the man!