General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

water on floor behind passenger seat!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 04:18 PM

Ya I would have to agree, buying the replacement seals would be the way to go. Any idea on how much they cost?
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Water in rear passenger well and under rear seat

I have the same prob. water slopping around under the seat in the rear and in the footwell - don't have a t-top. It seemed to happen really suddenly too. Had the car 2 year and no probs in the Vancouver rain, then one day - poofh - major water hazard....at the same time the windscreen washers took on a life of their own and now wont return to the off position on the windscreen, they lock in a vertical position when I turn them off. - Any suggestions?
Is it likely to be the seal, or a blockage. I also read somewhere about a leak between the firewall, from the evaporator seal ??? No idea what that means??
Old 01-10-2009, 11:33 PM

Just saw your post and thought I would give an update. My seals were in good condition so I decided to look further into this problem. Turns out I fix it! The seals at each end of the t-top were wore from where they meet the glass. They also look like they were just cut off of a strip of stipping. So I siliconed the ends of the stripping and where it met the glass at the ends. Also there is two screws that hold the stripping down and were also leaking. I used clear silicone on that as well and not a drop since.

I also found water was dripping down the seat belt and when I slowed down the car fast, the water would pour out. There was water behind the front seats and under the back seats. I ended up pulling the plugs under the carpet to drain the water out and soaked the water off the carpet out with a cup and towels.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:17 AM

If most of the water is in the rear floor, behind the front seats, I would look into the water coming down from the Hatch Wells, just like shown in this thread:
Puddle Behind Passenger Seat

I had this issue and did all the usual tricks, adjusting the windows cleaning & adjusting the seals, etc. When that water puddles up in the corners it simply goes over the top and down the sail panels into the rear seat floorboards (Again see picture in the thread).

Turned out that all I had to do was drill a few 1/8" holes in the rear Hatch wells so that water didn't puddle up in the corners. Since I did that 1 1/2 years ago no issues at all
Old 01-11-2009, 06:52 PM

Sweet finally we are finding answers to fix the all too common camaro leaks ... I think I might just drill those holes for a preventative measure. Might use a 3/16 bit.Im sure the car wont collapse over a little hole on each side of the hatch...
Old 01-13-2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Oxygen454
Sweet finally we are finding answers to fix the all too common camaro leaks ... I think I might just drill those holes for a preventative measure. Might use a 3/16 bit.Im sure the car wont collapse over a little hole on each side of the hatch...
I drilled a few small holes, but I'm sure one big one would be fine as well, anything to keep the water from puddling up in the hatch wells