Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #1

For those who wish to save there center console lid. 4th gen mod.

I have been swapping out interior parts all day with my car and came across a cool little mod to save your console lid. If you are lucky enough to still have one attached. GM made the console lid keeping luxury in mind and made it where the console would flip up and stop. The piece of plastic that makes the lid stop actually puts the most stress on the hinge and causes it to break when flipped back to hard. Simple mod is to clip or cut the piece that makes the lid stop and allow the lid to flip all the way back freely causing little or no stress on the hinge. I only have one side of my hinge left on my lid and wish I would have done this earlier. Here are a couple pics to show what I'm talking about.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
4th Gen 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #2

Re: For those who wish to save there center console lid. 4th gen mod.

Agreed. That part causes too much strain on the lid material.
I just did a console repair and did the same mod.
Thanks for posting.
93 Z28 with 383 all forged internal stroker. T56 manual. McLeod Twin Clutch. Shorty headers, CAT delete 3" single exhaust. MSD opti, BBK TB, ported plenum, large injectors. JE pistons, Callies crank. Currie 9" 4.30 Detroit locker rear. Baer 13" brakes.
SA68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #3

Re: For those who wish to save there center console lid. 4th gen mod.

thats a good idea, half my console is already broken just like yours was so i think il try your idea out!
Smokie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 PM

Reply Post New Thread