General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Suggested Brake Pads/Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 04:11 PM

Suggested Brake Pads/Rotors

Hey guys i have a 98 z28
was wondering what kind of brakes and rotors you guys would recommend for a reasonable price but that are good ?
Old 06-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Administrator

re: Suggested Brake Pads/Rotors

How do you use the car...... casual driver, aggressive street driving, competitive, i.e. auto-X, road racing?

Assume you are looking for brake pads and rotors.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:30 PM

re: Suggested Brake Pads/Rotors

Originally Posted by Injuneer
How do you use the car...... casual driver, aggressive street driving, competitive, i.e. auto-X, road racing?

Assume you are looking for brake pads and rotors.
yeah pads and rotors and i would say aggressive, i mean im not racing but ill be going high speeds at certain times so i wanna stop good.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Suggested Brake Pads/Rotors

Stock rotors and EBC RedStuff pads have served me quite nicely for a few years now, including a couple autocross events.

If you want an upgrade, I'd recommend getting a set of TrackBrackets and upgrading to C5Z06 rotors and calipers. When I eventually go that route myself, I'll probably stick with EBC pads.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:14 PM

I went with a more aggressive pad but discovered that the dust they create was unbearable for me. Sooooo I went the route JakeRobb suggested and have never been happier. I am now using a pad the creates very little brake dust yet the gain in rotor size/pad surface area stops my car so well.....well I just cant describe how well it does.

Here is a stock LT1 brake rotor as compared to the C5 Rotor:

Here are the cuts you make to accommodate the adapter bracket. Yes my caliper is hanging by the brake line. In the next picture you will see why it didn't matter to do that for me.

Here she is all done:

Old 10-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor

If you want a quality aftermarket pad take a look at theCarbotech 1521 pad. low dust stops like OEM if not better and last longer. 100%non corrosive dust will not harm your paint or wheels.
If interested let me know I will be happy to help you.

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is ourhigh performance street compound that is our most successful compound. TheBobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along withunmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage andnon-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even whencold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’svirtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking forcewithout ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambientand goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect foryour tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found tolast two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership ornational retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brakecompounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.