Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 07:54 AM   #1

Spark Plug Boot Heat Shields

Changed the plugs this weekend - and I noticed the only two plugs with heat shields on the boots are the rear two on the driver's side. Is that right, or am I missing some?

I am also considering doing wires (I have read it is a major PITA) - I have to assume removing the alternator is a given - what else needs to be moved or removed to get some sort of reasonable access to the wire routing?

By the way - the only two major plug issues were with the passenger side rear and front. First time, entire job took 3 1/2 hours - and that was taking my time. The front one under the alternator was a REAL killer - next time the alternator comes off. The other six were (relatively speaking) a cakewalk. One poster here suggested climbing up and kneeling on the motor to allow better articulation of wrist and elbow - that really did the trick. Of course my legs and arms are very sore today!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
~~Project - Jeep Wrangler~~
scottso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #2

I have metal heat plug boot deflectors on cyl #7 and #8. I think they help. Running MSD plug wires. Had to use binding wire to hold the MSD boot (larger size) inside the deflector. I am blown so there is alot of heat there. Especially #7 location. (97ss 383 - D1). B.
mzgp5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #3

The stock setup only used a couple of boot protectors.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #4

mine has the metal boot protectors on all 8.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00ls100 View Post
mine has the metal boot protectors on all 8.

Different setup than a LT1.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:42 PM

Reply Post New Thread